HSPA has stopped working but GSM still works

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
fetzervalve

HSPA has stopped working but GSM still works

Post by fetzervalve » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:59 pm

My HSPA service came to a screaming halt Friday afternoon. It had been working fine during Friday and many months before but when I went to reconnect at about 3pm I could connect ok but could not access any websites, my speed stuck on 0kpbs getting the odd blip of about 1.45kbps.

I thought this may be an Optus outage problem as happened a few months before. However it is now Sunday afternoon and there has been no change to the situation.

I can however access the internet by changing my network settings to GSM ONLY where I can surf the net merrily at a blistering 5kpbs! :lol:

I have logged a ticket with support but thought there would be no harm posting on the forum for help too.

I have 3 separate pc's/laptops that I use the wireless connection on and it is the same situation on all 3 - GSM ONLY - so I dont think its a problem at my end unless the modem is fubarred.

I have a Huawei E169 and live in the Wagga area - maybe its is an outage of sorts and it is the weekend after all.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.