DynalinkRTA1046VW

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
eleanor6482

DynalinkRTA1046VW

Post by eleanor6482 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:55 pm

I realise that this is a forum about exetel but as I am customer and I purchase this modem through Exetel, thought I might log my issue. Perhaps someone else is familiar with my problem.

Basically, my modem has developed a lessened radius of wirelessness. I can only really get full strength when in the same room as my modem. I have tested with my iphone and it's the same problem so it IS definitely my modem not Airport (macbook) or the ADSL connection. I seem to have the latest firmware but am completely frustrated by this problem. As soon as I move laptop to the next room (3-4 metres away) I lose signal and have to put in WEP passwrod but even then the connection times out. Back in the same room it automatically fires up. Help!!!!!

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: DynalinkRTA1046VW

Post by Dazzled » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Have you tried setting it to use any other wireless channels?

eleanor6482

Post by eleanor6482 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:01 am

I have but channel 11 does seem to be best. I will get some support from Dynalink today. The modem has started to play up (or signal I mean) since moving the modem to a new room. However, is a small unit! so should not make amy difference. Thanks....

cubic

Post by cubic » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 am

Anything special about the room that could provide shielding or interference? (large metal objects, microwave ovens etc.) If not it could just be a hardware problem with the router itself - perhaps try adjusting the antenna in case there's a loose connection there.

(Should this thread be in a different forum?)
...the term 'Future Perfect' has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be - Douglas Adams