sp code?

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
damon

sp code?

Post by damon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi Guys,

new laptop - need to find my SP code - dont have original documentation.

Any ideas how to find it?

PS - also how do I find the mobile number of the HSPDA device.

Thanks

Damon

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: sp code?

Post by jokiin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:36 pm

APN setting is exetel1 you can manually set that in the config and you should be good to go

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

...you should create a new profile and set its APN to "exetel1". Works better that way.

The mobile number can be found by logging on to your member facilities. Naturally, since the mobile number is your username this only works if you have an ADSL/ADSL2+ account, in which case you will find the extra HSPA plan listed under your Exetel services.

Also, from memory, there is an SMS in the Inbox of the SIM card (use the Wireless Broadband software to access it) with the mobile number.

Otherwise, you can send residentialsupport@exetel.com.au an email, though I get the feeling I'm missing some other obvious way to extract the SIM's mobile number. You could try sending a text message via the Wireless Broadband software I suppose. Putting the SIM in a phone and trying to make a call won't work though as the SIM is data only

sable

Post by sable » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 am

SP code is BROADBAND