Removing Bigpond Wireless Software

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
neo7

Removing Bigpond Wireless Software

Post by neo7 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:52 am

Any help greatly appreciated.How do I uninstall the Bigpond Wireless software, It tells me I am not allowed when I try and remove it through control panel, but I am the sole administrator of my computer. I have removed references in the system hidden files, but it still is there in all its glory.I am extremely frustrated as no matter where in the system I go it either wont let me remove it, or I remove parts and it doenst seem to affect it. Is the software cached in the modem? I am using a unlocked 880u sierra wireless modem..I know bigpond does sneaky things, does anyone know easy way to remove this software so I can use my exetel account? I want to then install the sierra generic software.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Removing Bigpond Wireless Software

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Strange. Control Panel removal should work

Try with and without the modem attached. Also, try removing while Windows is in Safe mode (pressing F8 while Windows is loading up) as it may be that the drivers are resident in memory and so prevent seletion

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Removing Bigpond Wireless Software

Post by jokiin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:59 pm

neo7 wrote:Any help greatly appreciated.How do I uninstall the Bigpond Wireless software, It tells me I am not allowed when I try and remove it through control panel, but I am the sole administrator of my computer. I have removed references in the system hidden files, but it still is there in all its glory.I am extremely frustrated as no matter where in the system I go it either wont let me remove it, or I remove parts and it doenst seem to affect it. Is the software cached in the modem? I am using a unlocked 880u sierra wireless modem..I know bigpond does sneaky things, does anyone know easy way to remove this software so I can use my exetel account? I want to then install the sierra generic software.
if you have removed references from the registry you may need to reinstall before you can uninstall, did the software come on disc or only on the USB itself? Sometimes the uninstall is done via the installer, if you don't have any luck reinstalling cleanly maybe look at doing a system restore to a time prior to when you started playing with the registry (I'm assuming an appropriate version of Windows is involved for system restore to be an option)