Huawei E160E connection issues

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
tt11

Huawei E160E connection issues

Post by tt11 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 pm

I have previously used this modem on my other laptop and there was no problems. At first the modem worked on my new laptop (which has windows 7) but after about 2 goes it stopped working, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the programs but to no avail, my computer recognizes the wireless device and has installed the wireless broadband properly however when I open the wireless broadband screen it says that 'the device has been disconnected or is unavailable.' When I plug in the usb the autorun.exe comes up, I click on that and then a pop up from user account control comes up for datacard_setup.exe, this leads me to believe it has something to do with this. I have changed my user account control settings to each level and it has not changed anything. I have also downloaded some patch from 3 but a pop up comes up halfway through install saying (up the top of this patch it says searching for data card) "the data card can not be found, error code 2. one of the following reasons may be causing this: a) the data card is not properly connected to the pc, b) other program is using the data card, c)you do not have the authority of administrator. For me the usb is connected to the pc, no software that I know of is using it (wireless broadband is closed), and I am the only administrator on this laptop.

I can't afford to keep paying for internet I'm not using so please help me.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Huawei E160E connection issues

Post by Dazzled » Fri May 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Did you try the W7 firmware upgrade from a machine that can see the modem, eg Vista or XP? These gadgets just work on other operating systems.

tt11

Re: Huawei E160E connection issues

Post by tt11 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Dazzled wrote:Did you try the W7 firmware upgrade from a machine that can see the modem, eg Vista or XP? These gadgets just work on other operating systems.

I just googled what you said but every link for the firmware upgrade comes back with an error, plus I have no idea what i'm doing.