E1762 Problem After Upgrading Firmware

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
alexerik

E1762 Problem After Upgrading Firmware

Post by alexerik » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 am

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware and dashboard for my E1762 modem as I have been having nagging problems that slows down windows and crashes occasionally. It now will only connect via GPRS and not 3G. I have tried telling it to only connect to 3G and so on. How do I fix this?

Huawei
E1762
S/N: GS5TAB1*********
SIM Provider: YES OPTUS
APN: exetel1
Access Number: 04********
Hardware Version: CD25TCPV
Firmware Version: 11.126.08.03.74
IMEI: 351************
IMSI: 5050***********
ICCID: 98162*************

I have tried connecting with the dashboard software, Windows 7 inbuilt and also the Mobile Data Monitoring Application.

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Re: E1762 Problem After Upgrading Firmware

Post by Himantha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm

I believe you have received an e-mail to your issue with a better solution. (Ticket ID: 2913242)

alexerik

Post by alexerik » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Yes thank you,

Great customer service! I have sent my modem as of yesterday.

:)

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi

What was the solution ?

I bought an E1762 from Optus as it was cheaper but have been experiencing crashing while downloading.

I have the intention once the pre paid has finished is buying a sim from Exetel but if the problems are ongoing I may have to think about it.

Thanks

alexerik

Post by alexerik » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:29 pm

I have not received my modem back yet, but apparantly it was working fine for them. There was no issue with it. So I purchased a new antenna to see if that was the issue, but I doubt it. Serious issues with the latest firmware.

On the other hand I was looking around and found a Microsoft hotfix for the problem I've been having, so I'll try that when I get the modem back. I can't find the link but if you google "USB modem hotfix" it'll come up with what you are looking for!

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:32 pm

alexerik wrote:I have not received my modem back yet, but apparantly it was working fine for them. There was no issue with it. So I purchased a new antenna to see if that was the issue, but I doubt it. Serious issues with the latest firmware.

On the other hand I was looking around and found a Microsoft hotfix for the problem I've been having, so I'll try that when I get the modem back. I can't find the link but if you google "USB modem hotfix" it'll come up with what you are looking for!
Thanks for that I will be interested if it all works for you.

I have updated driver that I found in the forums of the maker of the modem and will see how that goes. I will have a look for the USB modem hotfix as well.