Cannot connect to WiFi

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)

Cannot connect to WiFi

Postby maggie on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:34 pm

I use a Billion Bipac 7404 VGPX All my cable connections are right and I have internet access. I am trying to use a Kogan tablet which uses wifi to connect to the net. I did connect the other day and downloaded some apps. got my google account set up and all but since that session I haven't been able to connect. Nothing has been changed either on the modem or the tablet that I am aware of. It searches for a connection. Says it is connecting and then drops off after a couple of seconds and the repeats this process over and over. When I select my connection it says the signal is excellent.

Any suggestions? I am new to Wifi so I've probably over looked some thing simple.
maggie

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi

Postby jokiin on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 pm

maggie wrote:I use a Billion Bipac 7404 VGPX All my cable connections are right and I have internet access. I am trying to use a Kogan tablet which uses wifi to connect to the net. I did connect the other day and downloaded some apps. got my google account set up and all but since that session I haven't been able to connect. Nothing has been changed either on the modem or the tablet that I am aware of. It searches for a connection. Says it is connecting and then drops off after a couple of seconds and the repeats this process over and over. When I select my connection it says the signal is excellent.

Any suggestions? I am new to Wifi so I've probably over looked some thing simple.

have you tried contacting Kogan? I've seen this same behavior with another similar tablet and it was the tablet that was faulty, Kogan tech support will likely be able to step you through some diagnostic steps to see if it is a hardware or software issue, there is also a rather long thread on Whirlpool about this device, maybe you can get some pointers from other users of the same tablet in the interim http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=1679231
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi

Postby maggie on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Thank you Jokiin I'll contact them and check Whirlpool.
maggie

Return to Wireless broadband