About the rebadged Optus WBB plans

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
Baldrick

About the rebadged Optus WBB plans

Post by Baldrick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 pm

I am at the moment looking to set my mum up with some internet access. She lives out of town so ADSL is not an option.
Just wondering if there have been any changes in the rebadged Optus WBB functionality since last August when I found things such as Exetel VoIp services will not work due to Optus's connection set up, constant dropouts requiring me to set my router up to ping test & reboot whenever this occurs, etc?
(example of the problems here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=40467 )
(i.e. I was very much less than impressed with these services which is why I am very wary of them now as I am planning a trip overseas soon & the last thing I need is for plans like this to create havoc for my mum to just keep contact with me )
Also does Exetel have any form running these days along the lines of the old "country broadband" plans I may be able to set her up with?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: About the rebadged Optus WBB plans

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Baldrick wrote:I am at the moment looking to set my mum up with some internet access. She lives out of town so ADSL is not an option.
Just wondering if there have been any changes in the rebadged Optus WBB functionality since last August when I found things such as Exetel VoIp services will not work due to Optus's connection set up, constant dropouts requiring me to set my router up to ping test & reboot whenever this occurs, etc?
(example of the problems here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=40467 )
(i.e. I was very much less than impressed with these services which is why I am very wary of them now as I am planning a trip overseas soon & the last thing I need is for plans like this to create havoc for my mum to just keep contact with me )
Also does Exetel have any form running these days along the lines of the old "country broadband" plans I may be able to set her up with?
It is better if you PM me the relevant service number for further look in to this.