Telephone number ported over from Telstra for VOIP service

VOIP setup and troubleshooting

Telephone number ported over from Telstra for VOIP service

Postby lancey on Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 pm

As of today 10/05/2017 my telephone number was ported over from Telstra for my VOIP service I applied for last December (2016) when I transferred from ADSL to NBN. I have heard nothing from Exetel concerning this matter. I would like some in this matter of setting up my VOIP service. I read that I am supposed to get a email but have not received nothing. Can somebody at Exetel look into this please. I would like to be able to use my phone.
lancey

Re: Telephone number ported over from Telstra for VOIP servi

Postby Nathanael S on Wed May 10, 2017 10:55 pm

lancey wrote:As of today 10/05/2017 my telephone number was ported over from Telstra for my VOIP service I applied for last December (2016) when I transferred from ADSL to NBN. I have heard nothing from Exetel concerning this matter. I would like some in this matter of setting up my VOIP service. I read that I am supposed to get a email but have not received nothing. Can somebody at Exetel look into this please. I would like to be able to use my phone.

We are looking into this. We will send you an update soon on this... We apologize for the delay!
Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Postby lancey on Fri May 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Can somebody tell me what is happening with this application. The number was ported over on last Wednesday, have no phone so I can make phone calls. Have sick wife so I need this phone for emergency calls. Please get this rectified asap.
lancey

Postby Amila Fernando on Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

lancey wrote:Can somebody tell me what is happening with this application. The number was ported over on last Wednesday, have no phone so I can make phone calls. Have sick wife so I need this phone for emergency calls. Please get this rectified asap.

Please note that the phone porting is in process and should be completed next week, we will provide a confirmation once activated.

We do apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused to you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Postby lancey on Thu May 18, 2017 8:28 am

In the above post you have stated, "Please note that the phone porting is in process and should be completed next week, we will provide a confirmation once activated.
We do apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused to you."
Also this email was sent to me on the 11th May.
"Dear Mr.Lanceford, Reference :11549095 Please note that the porting of your phone number 0269711018 is in process and we are accepting it to be completed today or tomorrow. We apologize for the time taken to complete your request as our suppliers had a few issues completing the request. We will provide a confirmation once the porting has been completed. Please contact us if further clarification or assistance is required. Thank you Provisioning Team"
Well guess what it's next week and nothing has happened and I've heard not a thing from you people. Telstra ported the number over 2wks ago, How long does it take to setup my phone, surely it's not that hard is it? I've been a loyal customer for nearly 10yrs, doesn't a person deserve a bit better service than I'm receiving right now. Please get this done asap.
lancey

Postby KavindaS on Thu May 18, 2017 1:25 pm

lancey wrote:In the above post you have stated, "Please note that the phone porting is in process and should be completed next week, we will provide a confirmation once activated.
"Dear Mr.Lanceford, Reference :11549095 Please note that the porting of your phone number 0269711018 is in process and we are accepting it to be completed today or tomorrow. We apologize for the time taken to complete your request as our suppliers had a few issues completing the request. We will provide a confirmation once the porting has been completed. Please contact us if further clarification or assistance is required. Thank you Provisioning Team"
Well guess what it's next week and nothing has happened and I've heard not a thing from you people. Telstra ported the number over 2wks ago, How long does it take to setup my phone, surely it's not that hard is it? I've been a loyal customer for nearly 10yrs, doesn't a person deserve a bit better service than I'm receiving right now. Please get this done asap.

Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience may have caused by this. I will check this with the provisioning team and update you close of business today.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby KavindaS on Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 pm

KavindaS wrote:
lancey wrote:In the above post you have stated, "Please note that the phone porting is in process and should be completed next week, we will provide a confirmation once activated.

Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience may have caused by this. I will check this with the provisioning team and update you close of business today.

Provisioning team is still following up this via 11549095. You will be further updated through the same email reference.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to VOIP