Username:
Password:
sip server (proxy) address:
supported codecs:

My ZTE H268 Modem asks for:

SIP Account:
Authorization Username:
Password:

What do I put in to each of the fields on the ZTE modem?

I've reset the modem because I forgot the password to access it and before you say it, the modem did come pre-configured but all the details it uses are wrong. The ISP details and VOiP details are wrong, I have to manually change the ISP details myself to get the internet working and I also have to do this for VOiP.

Setting up the internet is very easy, you just change the Username and Password. For VOiP however the fields don't have the same names as what Exetel uses in their instructions so it's unclear how to configure it.

Also viewtopic.php?style=7&f=58&t=26217 has no information for configuring the ZTE modem (or the information is buried within the topic somewhere).
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

Franpa

Re: How do I configure my VOiP?

Post by Franpa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 am

Also the information at https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/supp ... t#register seems to be very wrong and lacking in a lot of details.
A. Check the SIP settings it should be: 58.96.1.2 as well as your voip username and password, these details are different to the ADSL username and password.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 am

Franpa wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 am
Also the information at https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/supp ... t#register seems to be very wrong and lacking in a lot of details.
A. Check the SIP settings it should be: 58.96.1.2 as well as your voip username and password, these details are different to the ADSL username and password.
Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out and we will further look in to this and get them corrected.

With reference to the voip settings, you can get the necessary information via the following link and the login credentials for the voip will be emailed to your nominated email address shortly.

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Everything is working now, thank you.

I didn't need the VOiP password reset but it didn't hurt anything for you to do that. It turns out I was missing the SIP Protocol settings because they are NOT pre-configured after resetting the router and the details for it are not provided in the email Exetel sends out when sending out VOiP configuration settings to customers.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Franpa wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 pm
Everything is working now, thank you.

I didn't need the VOiP password reset but it didn't hurt anything for you to do that. It turns out I was missing the SIP Protocol settings because they are NOT pre-configured after resetting the router and the details for it are not provided in the email Exetel sends out when sending out VOiP configuration settings to customers.
Good to hear the service working now with successful VOIP registration and we will try to do the necessary amendments in future.