Forward to email then delete message?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
bulletmark

Forward to email then delete message?

Post by bulletmark » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:54 am

Exetel's voip service provides the option to forward a phone message as an email. That is good. Problem is that, unlike other providers, Exetel don't provide an option to delete that message from voicemail when it is forwarded to email. Consequently you have to remember to "housekeep" and go and delete messages manually otherwise you will fill up your voice mail box.

Can Exetel please consider adding this option?

samarium

Re: Forward to email then delete message?

Post by samarium » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:09 pm

I was just thinking something similar, or maybe an option to automatically delete messages older than n days, settable via user facilities.

Something to allow upload of mp3 files instead of having to record via the voicemail system could be useful too.

As would setting the voicemail pin from user facilities.

peter_mcc

Post by peter_mcc » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 am

I've just got caught out with this - my mailbox is full because I didn't realise I had to delete them.

It would be great if it could delete old messages automatically. I had never gone to the voicemail itself until today because I receive all my voicemails via email.

Peter

pasanm

Post by pasanm » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi

We have added the feature to delete voicemail messages once they are emailed. It is available in the members facility
under VOIP Configure.

Also we will be adding automatic purging of old voicemail messages which are older than 7 days soon.

Will give an update as soon as we finish the work.
Exetel Systems Team

damon

Post by damon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm

HI All,

was this ever implemented?
We have added the feature to delete voicemail messages once they are emailed. It is available in the members facility
under VOIP Configure.
Also we will be adding automatic purging of old voicemail messages which are older than 7 days soon.
If it was can you tell me where to find it as it isn't under VOIP configuration?

thanks
damon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 pm

damon wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm
HI All,

was this ever implemented?
under VOIP Configure.
If it was can you tell me where to find it as it isn't under VOIP configuration?

thanks
damon
Hi Damon,

"We have added the feature to delete voicemail messages once they are emailed. It is available in the members facility under VOIP Configure."

------- This is not available with the new format of the members facility - configure voip. However, by disabling the voicemail in members will remove the existing voicemail messages and it will not delete the greetings you have set, when enabling again.

" Also we will be adding automatic purging of old voicemail messages which are older than 7 days soon."

------- Unfortunately this has not been implemented.

damon

Post by damon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:27 am

HI KavindaS
thanks for the information.