ZTE NBN VOIP not registered?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
mercury

Post by mercury » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:11 am

Hi

I have 2 emails - one with log in details and one saying ZTE is preconfigured with details. Checking the setting they do look to be preconfigured with the info in the email.

When I plug my old analogue handset into the modem, I get a dial tone but can't dial out. THe phone light on the modem is off. The VOIP status is "unregistered".

What do I do now?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: ZTE NBN VOIP not registered?

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 pm

mercury wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:11 am
Hi

I have 2 emails - one with log in details and one saying ZTE is preconfigured with details. Checking the setting they do look to be preconfigured with the info in the email.

When I plug my old analogue handset into the modem, I get a dial tone but can't dial out. THe phone light on the modem is off. The VOIP status is "unregistered".

What do I do now?
Usually provided modems are preconfigured to the internet and VOIP. However, if the modem says VOIP is not registered, I would suggest you do a reconfiguration to the VOIP. You may follow the instructions via http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A

mercury

Post by mercury » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 am

thanks, it seems to be working now. As just saved the password from the email and it registered. Maybe the pre-configured email was wrong??

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:19 pm

mercury wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 am
thanks, it seems to be working now. As just saved the password from the email and it registered. Maybe the pre-configured email was wrong??
We are glad that the service is working as designed. The internet configuration are pre configured before the Modems are dispatched however VoIP service credentials can only be created once VoIP service is activated which may occur once the internet service is up and running hence why VoIP cannot be pre configured within the modem before its dispatched.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 am

The instructions given at http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A have never worked for me. And the SIP instructions give one setting in the text and show it different on the diagram.
So every time there is a loss of service, when service is returned my phone is unregistered and I need to contact Exetel again to request phone be registered.
My ZTE H268A modem, supplied by Exetel, is supposedly capable of phone registration by the user. Please tell me exactly what to do when registration is lost so I don't spend a lot of time and mobile phone credit waiting for Exetel to log on to my modem and register my phone number.
P.S. The only reason I bought a mobile phone is to be able to contact Exetel when internet service is lost -unfortunately a fairly regular occurrence.

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Post by kavindip » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:09 pm

JeffH wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 am
The instructions given at http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A have never worked for me. And the SIP instructions give one setting in the text and show it different on the diagram.
So every time there is a loss of service, when service is returned my phone is unregistered and I need to contact Exetel again to request phone be registered.
My ZTE H268A modem, supplied by Exetel, is supposedly capable of phone registration by the user. Please tell me exactly what to do when registration is lost so I don't spend a lot of time and mobile phone credit waiting for Exetel to log on to my modem and register my phone number.
P.S. The only reason I bought a mobile phone is to be able to contact Exetel when internet service is lost -unfortunately a fairly regular occurrence.
Please PM your Service number or the Customer ID so we could look into this issue and assist you with it.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:34 pm

Message sent.
What I find strange is that I cannot register my phone number after logging in to the modem but Exetel staff log in to the modem and do register it.

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Post by kavindip » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:03 pm

JeffH wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:34 pm
Message sent.
What I find strange is that I cannot register my phone number after logging in to the modem but Exetel staff log in to the modem and do register it.
We have sent you an email under the reference #16548270 with regard to your reported issue. Kindly refer the email and respond to it in order to assist you with your query.

amfc1972

Post by amfc1972 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 pm

I too have ordered a voip service and followed everything in this thread, including updating the sip protocols page on the modem. I received a confirmation email with my service number and username but no password. Which one do I use? The one for the modem admin interface? Either way, I am stuck with unregistered phone 1.

Help?

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 pm

amfc1972 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 pm
I too have ordered a voip service and followed everything in this thread, including updating the sip protocols page on the modem. I received a confirmation email with my service number and username but no password. Which one do I use? The one for the modem admin interface? Either way, I am stuck with unregistered phone 1.

Help?
Please PM your customer ID or the service number so we could re-generate the VOIP password and forward that to you, And you could enter on that the configuration page. In order to login to the Admin interface, the default username and the password would be admin/admin.