Incoming calls - busy signal

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
DGrookie

Incoming calls - busy signal

Post by DGrookie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a known issue with some incoming calls not working on VOIP if forwarded to a mobile.

I've got incoming calls number forwarded to my mobile (ie, no stand alone phone for the VOIP number) and some callers complain that they get a busy signal when they call in. These are usually government departments (not sure if their phone systems prevent the call forwarding etc).

The systems works on most occasions though, which is why this is so strange.

Help a rookie out!

nilushid
Admin

Re: Incoming calls - busy signal

Post by nilushid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 pm

DGrookie wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a known issue with some incoming calls not working on VOIP if forwarded to a mobile.

I've got incoming calls number forwarded to my mobile (ie, no stand alone phone for the VOIP number) and some callers complain that they get a busy signal when they call in. These are usually government departments (not sure if their phone systems prevent the call forwarding etc).

The systems works on most occasions though, which is why this is so strange.

Help a rookie out!
Hi

We don't have any common issues at this stage regarding VoIP services. Just wondering whether they call you when you are actually on another phone call on your mobile phone. You can check whether the call waiting option is enabled on your phone. If that feature is off, the caller will get a busy signal. Also, once we forward the VoIP call from our server, it will handover to your mobile network provider. So there may be an issue within the mobile network routing those calls to your mobile.

If you need us to check further from our end, please PM me your customer ID or the service number.

Thanks