Garbled VoiP since churning to Exetel

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Howard

Post by Howard » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:00 pm

If your phone is operated at 2.4Ghz, which is the same as what the wireless network is operating at. as a result it could cause interference.

I rule out your VOIP problem, i suggest to install a softphone on your desktop (x-lite - can be download from www.xten.com) and test VOIP quality on your desktop with a physical connection instead of wireless.

wroscoe

Post by wroscoe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 am

Hi , got a lend of a Philips Dect/Skype phone Model Voip321 which operates at 1.8Ghz and works perfectly , a lot clearer than the Uniden phone with NO breakup even when downloading or uploading , wonderful!
now I have to buy a two phone set of these phones, they have faults in some areas such as manually entering names and phone numbers and having to do it again for the second one ( the Uniden will transfer them to the second phone wirelessly) and other small niggles but the quality of VoiP calls is more important..
Ross

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:23 pm

wroscoe wrote:Hi , got a lend of a Philips Dect/Skype phone Model Voip321 which operates at 1.8Ghz and works perfectly , a lot clearer than the Uniden phone with NO breakup even when downloading or uploading , wonderful!
now I have to buy a two phone set of these phones, they have faults in some areas such as manually entering names and phone numbers and having to do it again for the second one ( the Uniden will transfer them to the second phone wirelessly) and other small niggles but the quality of VoiP calls is more important..
Ross
Glad it was resolved.

wroscoe

Post by wroscoe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Thanks to everyone for the help