Help with setting up Call Back VOIP

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
i_man

Help with setting up Call Back VOIP

Post by i_man » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:50 pm

I just saw the email I recd from Exetel. Sounds great, but a few questions:

Setting up requires giving out credit card numbers including verification code. Since I am set up with direct debit with Exetel couldn't you provide similar secure options, including netbank/BPay?

Can one of the registered numbers be my work number on a PABX?

What are the extra cost implications if one of the registered numbers is my mobile number?

Is there any cost for the busy signal return call from 82078900?

When is Option 1 likely to be implemented in Canberra, if at all?

Calls to land lines around Australia for 10 cent per call - could this be local nos as well? Transferring across to Telstra HomeLine Budget means signing away for 30c local calls!

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:14 pm

My question also.
I want to use my mobile, but what extra cost if any, will I incur more than I would using my landline?

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:54 pm

I believe that the ability for the service to be added to your current direct debit billing for ADSL is planned for implementation in November. At the moment, it is credit card only.

As far as registered numbers are concerned, the only important thing is that the registered number is presented in caller ID - many PABXs substitute the direct extension number with a general "main" number - you can check this by dialling a number that has caller ID displayed, and verify what number is presented.

The busy signal means no connection, means no charge.

Any number can be dialled using the service, local or otherwise.

Not sure of your other questions - I'd imagine that there are mobile charges if using a mobile to access the service.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:42 pm

Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

trissy

Post by trissy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:46 pm

to check what your outgoing telephone number is dial 12722 123 from any fixed line phone.
Tristan.

i_man

Post by i_man » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 pm

@klaas

I hope you will let us know when you implement direct debit / netbank charging for equipmentless VOIP. Really keen to try it out but not while it is on credit card.

On another matter, is the 20 free SMS thru Exetel a one-off, or is the first 20 SMS in any month free? I see that I am getting charged 5c per sms on an ongoing basis for the past week or so. :cry:

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 pm

i_man wrote:@klaas

I hope you will let us know when you implement direct debit / netbank charging for equipmentless VOIP. Really keen to try it out but not while it is on credit card.
Well, I assume Exetel will let us all know - I'm a customer, volunteering to help administer the forums.

On another matter, is the 20 free SMS thru Exetel a one-off, or is the first 20 SMS in any month free? I see that I am getting charged 5c per sms on an ongoing basis for the past week or so. :cry:
It's per month, as far as I know. The counter should have reset yesterday (1st of November).