Question's

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Jarvis

Question's

Post by Jarvis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi,

I've been reading up on VOIP for the last couple of days... But I can't get my head around some things. So I'd appreciate some help. I'm using a Billion 7404vgpm modem. I'm on the TELN plan with exetel.

1- Is it possible to use the exetel VOIP service for outgoing calls only but still have the home phone (with my current number) for incoming calls? And if it is, how does the caller id work? Do i still have to pay Telstra to keep caller ID activated? I do know that i still have to pay the line rental (budget)

2- For this, which plan would be the best for me to sign up to with exetel? edit : our last phone bill had 16 local, 14 National and 20 Mobile calls to give you an idea of the usage.

3- Lastly, can I get VOIP in Queensland with exetel?

I appreciate any help you can provide, and I know all the info is on the site but I either can't find it or am just simple and don't understand ;-)

outbush

Re: Question's

Post by outbush » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 am

Jarvis wrote:Hi,

1- Is it possible to use the exetel VOIP service for outgoing calls only but still have the home phone (with my current number) for incoming calls?
Sure is.
how does the caller id work? Do i still have to pay Telstra to keep caller ID activated?
If you want your Telstra caller ID you still have to pay for it.
2- For this, which plan would be the best for me to sign up to with exetel? edit : our last phone bill had 16 local, 14 National and 20 Mobile calls to give you an idea of the usage.
Depends if you want a DID or not.
3- Lastly, can I get VOIP in Queensland with exetel?
Voip is available anywhere you have a suitable broad band connection.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:43 am

If you only plan to receive calls on your normal landline number, then select the VOIP R plan without a DID. When you make calls, your VOIP number will be displayed.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/