Calls drop out every 24hrs and dialing problems

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
andysandra

Calls drop out every 24hrs and dialing problems

Post by andysandra » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:47 am

I've had VOIP with Exetel for around 18mths and have had a lot of problems that I've been able to fix but can't fix this one. I have no VOIP tone and have to reset the modem and then I can make a call no problem, 24hrs later it will drop out in the middle of a call and I can't ring them back unless I reset the modem again. Also, when I make a call if they don't pick up within 32seconds (I timed it) it cuts out, if they pick up earlier the call is fine. Usually I upgrade the firmware to fix any problems but nothing I do is fixing this.

I have a Billion VGP modem. thankyou for any assistance,
Sandra

Howard

Post by Howard » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 am

I will say this is a hardware or firmware related issues.

I had a similar thing happened on a CISCO VG224 (not with exetel service), the vg224 stop providing dail tone after 24 hours, I replaced the cisco 224 with another brand new one with the same IOS (firmware) same thing happened after 24 hours which required me to relaod the VG.

Then I downgraded the firmware (IOS) on the VG 224 and the problem gone.

I am use exetel voip at home, i am using Cisco Call manager express on a 2821 and that has been working fine without any problem. I also have another account running on Asterisk (trixbox) which is working fine too.

andysandra

Post by andysandra » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Thankyou so much for your quick response. I took it back to factory settings and reinstalled the fireware. It hasn't improved at all. I've read some other comments on further investigation that their Billions are doing the same thing. Might just have to wait for a new fireware upgrade. Thanks anyway!