Voicemail

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Stickler

Voicemail

Post by Stickler » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:12 am

Hi all,

We have set up our voicemail messages and turned on the option in user facilities but incoming calls just ring out instead of being diverted to voicemail. Is there anything obvious I may have missed?. I can't access http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_faq.htm for some reason.

We're using an spa3102 ATA.

Thanks, Nick

outbush

Re: Voicemail

Post by outbush » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:24 am

Stickler wrote:Hi all,

We have set up our voicemail messages and turned on the option in user facilities but incoming calls just ring out instead of being diverted to voicemail. Is there anything obvious I may have missed?. I can't access http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_faq.htm for some reason.

We're using an spa3102 ATA.

Thanks, Nick
The following FAQ's refer to voicemail.
17. How do I access voicemail ?
Dial 121. You can retrieve messages and set up your personal greeting.

18. What are the charges to deposit & retrieve voicemail ?
They are free of charge.

22. how long are voice mail messages kept on the server?
Voice mail message are only kept on the server for one week only, after that they are then discarded.

23. is there a limit to how much voicemail can be kept?
There are no limits, keeping in mind after one week they will be discarded.

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately those answers don't help me. As I mentioned I have no problem accessing the voicemail menus. The problem is that whether calling from mobile or landline it just rings for about 30-40 secs and then goes dead - no voicemail.

IanS

Post by IanS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Stickler

I'm not sure if this is what you're after, but I think you can also setup call forwards in your modem/ATA.

I know the NB9W has forward feature, where you can forward all calls, no answer & on busy. You'd forward to your voice mail on 121.

Hope this helps

IanS

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks Ian, does anyone know how to do this with an SPA3102?

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 am

Stickler

I think what you're looking for is on pages 40 & 41 of the user guide, which you can download from a link on the Linksys web site

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellit ... 6582257191

Regards

Ian

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Ian, thanks mate for taking the time to look that up. I had assumed the user guide would be the same as the hard copy that came with the unit - which is not much chop.
Ok, getting closer but I still have a couple of queries.
1. What number do I put in as the call forward? is it 121 or is there a special mailbox number I need to track down?.
2. What does ticking the box in the Exetel VOIP user facilities to route busy or unanswered calls to voicemail actually do?

Thanks again

IanS

Post by IanS » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Stickler,

I think the voice mail settings in the user facilities are for diverting calls to voicemail & having the received message emailed to you as a .wav or .mp3 file. I might be wrong (can someone from Exetel please confirm)

As for forward number, use 121. Don't forget to set-up you mailbox greetings (option 0 when you dial 121 from you VOIP service)

Let us know how you go. PM me with your voip #, if you want someone to ring you voip to voip, for a test call.

Regards

Ian

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:59 am

IanS wrote:I think the voice mail settings in the user facilities are for diverting calls to voicemail & having the received message emailed to you as a .wav or .mp3 file. I might be wrong (can someone from Exetel please confirm)
Ian
That check box is only for enabling and disabling voicemail.

We do not have VM to Email feature at present.

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:08 pm

hmmm, well entering "121" for busy and unanswered calls in the ATA configuration doesn't work, it just prompts you for a log-in which isn't much use for someone who wants to leave a message.

Any spa3102 users know how to set up voicemail correctly? any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:43 am

Can you please PM me your VoIP account, ill make sure it is activated before we proceed further.

Reagle

Post by Reagle » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Had the same problem here which couldn't be sorted out. Eventually just connected an answering machine to my voip line. Thought I would give voicemail another try & still not working.

zander5985

Post by zander5985 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Stickler/Reagle,

I'm having exactly the same problem. I can't foward incoming calls to my Exetel voicemail. I'm using a Linksys PAP2 ATA. Did you get a solution to this problem ?

Thanks,
Zander

Reagle

Post by Reagle » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 am

zander5985 wrote:Stickler/Reagle,

I'm having exactly the same problem. I can't foward incoming calls to my Exetel voicemail. I'm using a Linksys PAP2 ATA. Did you get a solution to this problem ?

Thanks,
Zander
No answers from me. There is no need to setup forwarding options in your equipment as it is supposed to be an automatic feature that after a set time the voicemail just comes in. However, having said that it seems that on some numbers it just doesn't work. Back to my answering machine until it's sorted I guess but I really wanted the email option.
Using: Netcomm NF10WV + TP-Link Archer C2

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 pm

For forwarding to Voicemail to work, the Exetel VoIP system would need to have a number specifically set for accepting voicemail messages (note, not the number you dial to collect voicemail).

I'm not 100% certain on the VoIP system they use, or, whether they have such a option configured, but it's generally done by picking an arbitary number, ie 102, and this is set to forward to the context that would be accepting Voicemails, or in some cases, the system would adjust the configuration of your on-net number to go to Voicemail.