Possible???? NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
MikeTurner

Possible???? NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone

Post by MikeTurner » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Is it possible: NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone.

I dont want to plug in a second physical phone into Phone2 jack on the back of the NB9W. Any way to make the two DID's ring on the one phone. There is no PSTN line, due naked ADSL2.

Mike Turner.

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 am

I believe the accounts are configured for the port itself so it is not possible.

You may want to confirm with Netcomm regarding this but i am pretty sure you need a phone plugged in.

Spanner_Man

Post by Spanner_Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 am

Its a firmware limitation of the NB9W that cannot do what you requested.
I tried to do that for one of my clients (Exetel and another DID VoIP provider), lets just say when your in the middle of a call and another incoming call comes in it causes the NB9W to crash (yes latest non-beta firmware) and requires a cold restart of the NB9W.

To be honest i don't think its possible to do that with just a normal ATA, i think you need a TrixBox in order to do that - i could be wrong on that though as i haven't played much with TrixBox set ups, so someone else that has could comment.

outbush

Re: Possible???? NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone

Post by outbush » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 pm

MikeTurner wrote:Is it possible: NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone.

I dont want to plug in a second physical phone into Phone2 jack on the back of the NB9W. Any way to make the two DID's ring on the one phone.
Maybe you could plug both ports into an 'Intelligent line switch' then to your one phone.
Suggest further reading....

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 86227.html

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 53138.html

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 pm

Spanner_Man wrote:To be honest i don't think its possible to do that with just a normal ATA, i think you need a TrixBox in order to do that - i could be wrong on that though as i haven't played much with TrixBox set ups, so someone else that has could comment.
You can do it on Billions. I think it will allow more that 2.

Apologies to the OP, as it is a bit OT but I just wanted to correct that statement.

IanS

Post by IanS » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Mike,

Haven't tried this yet, but you should be able to configure you NB9W for your 2 DID's, then connect the "phone2" socket to the "line" socket with an RJ12 to RJ12 cable.

Make sure "Enable phone 1 call waiting" is active in the NB9W.

In theory if either DID's receive a call they should both ring the attached phone or if you're on a call & someone rings the second DID, you should get the call waiting beeps.

The only drawback is you can't dial out on the second DID.

Another option would be to use the "forward all calls option on the second DID & forward to the first DID - not sure if you'd be charged for the call diversion.

Regards

IanS

Spanner_Man

Post by Spanner_Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:17 pm

GaryG wrote:You can do it on Billions. I think it will allow more that 2.

Apologies to the OP, as it is a bit OT but I just wanted to correct that statement.
As the open post has stated, he has a Netcomm, not a Billion. There is a difference here if you want to make corrections.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 pm

Spanner_Man wrote:
GaryG wrote:You can do it on Billions. I think it will allow more that 2.

As the open post has stated, he has a Netcomm, not a Billion. There is a difference here if you want to make corrections.
Which is why I apologised to the OP but that doesn't remove the inaccuracy of your statement.

And aside from that, given you posted
i think you need a TrixBox in order to do that
what's the difference with me saying the same about Billions?

Spanner_Man

Post by Spanner_Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 pm

GaryG wrote:what's the difference with me saying the same about Billions?
Because of the following;
MikeTurner wrote:I dont want to plug in a second physical phone into Phone2 jack
Billions cannot allocate multi VoIP accounts to a single FXS port.
Simply put
1 x VoIP account (be it DID or non-DID) per FXS port.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Spanner_Man wrote:
GaryG wrote:what's the difference with me saying the same about Billions?
Because of the following;
MikeTurner wrote:I dont want to plug in a second physical phone into Phone2 jack
Billions cannot allocate multi VoIP accounts to a single FXS port.
Simply put
1 x VoIP account (be it DID or non-DID) per FXS port.
But they can - that was my point.

Spanner_Man

Post by Spanner_Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:41 pm

GaryG wrote:But they can - that was my point.
Please provide sources so i may stand corrected.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 am

Spanner_Man wrote:
GaryG wrote:But they can - that was my point.
Please provide sources so i may stand corrected.
So glad to see there is so much trust here - you have basically accused me of lying in your previous post and now ask me to prove it!

I wouldn't have minded if you had just said you didn't know and asked for more info about it.

It's been a feature since Version: V5.52f.do5 (30th of May, 2007).

To quote the currrent online manual for the 7404VGPM, page 107

Direct In Dial: Specify the FXS Port to which incoming calls to this profile will be directed.
Default is None, and calls may be directed to either FXS1 (Phone Port 1) or FXS2 (Phone Port 2).
Notes:
1. The VSP accounts defined for each Phone Port (FXS port) in the VoIP General Settings screen will be
registered with the VSP in order to allow incoming calls to be directed to the correct FXS port and thus ring
the attached phone.
2. In Firmware 5.52G and later, User Defined Profiles that have a FXS port selected will also be registered
with the VSP to allow incoming calls to be directed to the relevant Phone Port.
3. Thus, incoming calls may be directed to a particular Phone Port from several VSPs, including the one
registered directly to the port, and also any User Defined Profiles that have also assigned the DID setting
to that port.

Spanner_Man

Post by Spanner_Man » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 am

GaryG wrote:So glad to see there is so much trust here - you have basically accused me of lying in your previous post and now ask me to prove it!
Not at all, so i may know also.
Perhaps you should head over to here and help that user out on how to go about it then? :-)

*Edit* By the way I'm originally from country Australia, and if i thought you were lying i would have said outright your full of @#$%

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 am

Spanner_Man wrote:
GaryG wrote:So glad to see there is so much trust here - you have basically accused me of lying in your previous post and now ask me to prove it!
Not at all, so i may know also.
Perhaps you should head over to here and help that user out on how to go about it then? :-)

*Edit* By the way I'm originally from country Australia, and if i thought you were lying i would have said outright your full of @#$%
Shame then you don't also have the politeness to acknowledge your error and say that you do stand corrected.

outbush

Re: Possible???? NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone

Post by outbush » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 pm

MikeTurner wrote:Is it possible: NB9W, 2 VOIP DID's + 1 Phone.

I dont want to plug in a second physical phone into Phone2 jack on the back of the NB9W.
Check out these line sharing devices.
http://www.natcomm.com.au/australia/ind ... duct_id=37