VOIP How To/Troubleshooting Super Guide !

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
niksrulz

Re: VOIP How To/Troubleshooting Super Guide !

Post by niksrulz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi!
I've got x-lite installed and configured,
I've entered all the settings which are required but
it says ERROR 401 - UNAUTHORIZED
Plz Reply
Thanks
Nick

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:46 pm

niksrulz wrote:Hi!
I've got x-lite installed and configured,
I've entered all the settings which are required but
it says ERROR 401 - UNAUTHORIZED
Plz Reply
Thanks
Nick
it's reasonably foolproof, have you re entered your user name and password, suggest doing it manually though as if you copy and paste and there is any white space in either field when you paste it can cause it to fail registration

sharaz

Post by sharaz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 pm

i got xlite and has an call failed with the message 'message to big' and 'user call is barred'..can anyone please give some suggestion to fix this.

cheers,

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:15 am

sharaz wrote:i got xlite and has an call failed with the message 'message to big' and 'user call is barred'..can anyone please give some suggestion to fix this.

cheers,
what router are you using this behind?

sharaz

Post by sharaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 pm

jok11n wrote:
sharaz wrote:i got xlite and has an call failed with the message 'message to big' and 'user call is barred'..can anyone please give some suggestion to fix this.

cheers,
what router are you using this behind?
this has been resolved.

I managed to change setting in voip area at member area.

cheers,

patient

Post by patient » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 pm

I have just joined exetel on one of the naked plans. In the SIP Basic Settings there is a table that asks for: phone number, call number, user name and password. the phone numbers and password were emailed out. but what is the call number and user name? i could imagine user name is the user name i have already been given ie xxxx@nsw.exetel.com.au. could the call number be my old phone number before it was disconnected?? Or am i suppose to leave these blank....

thanks

patiently

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Where (ie hardware? software?) are these "SIP Basic Settings"?

I expect that phone number, call number and user name should all be your 10-digit VOIP number.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

patient

Post by patient » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Gidget

After logging on to RTA1046VW (via 192.168.1.1) i go to 'voice' option at the top then the first screen is the 'SIP Basic settings'

at the bottom of that page is a table:

------
Registration Information

Phone Phone Number Caller Name User Name Password
----
I have details for phone number and password, but not sure about caller name and user name.

cheers

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for the extra info.

If you go to this page
http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_setup.php
and download the VOIP set up guide for the RTA1046VW it tells you everything you need to know - and confirms my earlier advice that you put the same info in each field (phone number, caller name, user name), that is,
Phone Number = VOIP number (as sent to you via email)
Caller Name = VOIP number (as sent to you via email)
User Name = VOIP number (as sent to you via email)

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

patient

Post by patient » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

We now have VOIP at home. Thankyou Gidget!

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Wonderful :D Enjoy :D

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

**Phoenix**

Post by **Phoenix** » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Hey guys, we've just signed got VOIP for the first time on our ADSL service and i'm having some issues. I am hoping someone will be able to tell me where i've gone wrong??? :?

Behind the scenes, we have a Linksys WRT300N router, Linksys AM300 modem, and just bought a PAP2-NA voip adapter but the settings i've found are different as it is for the US market i have been told... :evil:

I have used the set up information on various locations on the exetel site, being:

a) http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pdf/analogue.pdf

then b) the information in this thread...

But am finding i can call the new voip no. from my mobile, but i cant call my original home number from the mobile, i can hear it ringing on my mobile but not on the home phone?

When i go to dial out, i get a dial tone but when i ring a number i get a busy signal??

What am i doing wrong??? :x :x

Pleeeeeeez help!!!

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Start by checking your settings against this how-to: http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... ksys_PAP2T (the local product).

For incoming signals, you will also need to check that your modem and router have forwarded port 5060 UDP to the ATA box.

There are a few PAP2 helpers around, so call out again if you hit more trouble.

Port forward is on p33 of the execrably illustrated manual. You can get one at http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/su ... N/download Similarly the modem at http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/su ... 0/download

Edit: there is a useful guide on the JMG site http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/PAP2_guide.pdf. Check that you have wired the incoming cables to the right ports. Ignore STUN settings.

outbush

Post by outbush » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:27 pm

**Phoenix** wrote: But am finding i can call the new voip no. from my mobile, but i cant call my original home number from the mobile, i can hear it ringing on my mobile but not on the home phone?
When i go to dial out, i get a dial tone but when i ring a number i get a busy signal??
What am i doing wrong??? :x :x
Pleeeeeeez help!!!
Please explain.

Have you ported your home phone no. to be the voip DID?
"i cant call my original home number from the mobile", Do you have an ADSL filter between the home phone and the wall socket?
"When i go to dial out," Do you mean from your voip no.?

Do you have your AM300 modem in "bridge mode"?

**Phoenix**

Post by **Phoenix** » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Dazzled wrote:Start by checking your settings against this how-to: http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... ksys_PAP2T (the local product).

For incoming signals, you will also need to check that your modem and router have forwarded port 5060 UDP to the ATA box.

There are a few PAP2 helpers around, so call out again if you hit more trouble.

Port forward is on p33 of the execrably illustrated manual. You can get one at http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/su ... N/download Similarly the modem at http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/su ... 0/download

Edit: there is a useful guide on the JMG site http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/PAP2_guide.pdf. Check that you have wired the incoming cables to the right ports. Ignore STUN settings.

Thanks Dazzle, i have worked through the exewiki link as well as the one on the JMG website, (thanks!) That has improved call quality and i am now able to get a dial tone and make outgoing calls to my mobile phone for example, but i cant ring a voip phone number which is connected via a cisco voip business set up??? Is that a different setting or ring plan? My current dial plan is (*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxSO|1300xxxxxxSO|13[1-9]xxxS0|xxx.)

I dont really understand the process of port forwarding, sorry guys?? :oops: :oops: I have gone through the links that you have specified but am not sure what goes into what section??
What info should i put into the External Port section? the Internal Port section? the Protocol section? Re the: To IP Address, that one i think would be 192.168.1.103 (which is the ATA's ip address) :wink: (is that correct?) But the other ones, i am not sure about... :(

And do i have to do this on both the router AND the modem? The modem & router share the same IP address so it would mean that i have to disconnect the router and edit the modem settings then reconnect the router and edit the router settings as well???

outbush wrote: Please explain.

Have you ported your home phone no. to be the voip DID?
"i cant call my original home number from the mobile", Do you have an ADSL filter between the home phone and the wall socket?
"When i go to dial out," Do you mean from your voip no.?

Do you have your AM300 modem in "bridge mode"?

Hey outbush, i dont understand what you're saying???? :oops:...
HOW DO you port your home phone no. to be the voip DID?? Do i have to change the settings on the modem AND the router??? I am using an adsl filter and my set up is as follows:
From the wall point i have a adsl filter which has the adsl phone line coming out.
I have removed the normal phone line and plugged that into the ATA which at the other end connects to the phone itself. The adsl phone line is connected to the modem, which is connected to the router and the ata is connected to the router via lan cable.

Have i connected it the right way? I'm double checking everything but think i have followed the instructions correctly but i still cant get through to the original land line no???

In regards to the SM300 in Bridge mode, again i dont understand. My network has worked flawlessly in wired and wireless mode until now, so i didn't think that i would need to change so many settings???? :roll:

Can someone please explain how i forward the modem and router have forwarded port 5060 UDP to the ATA box??

I thought this would be so much easier than it has been!!!! :roll: :roll:

Sorry guys.... :oops: