x lite not working

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
niksrulz

x lite not working

Post by niksrulz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 am

hi!
I tried using x-lite but it doesnt work for me.
then i tried minipax soft phone and its working perfectly.
Can someone help me adjust settings in x-lite

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 am

Can you please post what you have configured using X-Lite?

niksrulz

Re: x lite not working

Post by niksrulz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 am

these r the settings i've put through x-lite:

DISPLAY NAME : 0300530**
USERNAME : 03900530**
PASSWORD : AS SUPPLIED IN EMAIL IN CAPITAL LETTERS
AUTHORIZATION USERNAME : 03900530**
DOMAIN : 202.177.222.24

unticked the register with domain clause

Martin V
Exetel Staff

Post by Martin V » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 am

Could you try putting the domain as: sip1.exetel.com.au
Martin
eXeTeL Support

niksrulz

Post by niksrulz » Fri May 02, 2008 8:31 pm

what exactly is meant by sip1 bcoz i've been trying this x-lite softphone from weeks now.
PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ?

Jyrn

Post by Jyrn » Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 pm

what exactly is meant by sip1 bcoz i've been trying this x-lite softphone from weeks now.
SIP is a VOIP protocol

See Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_In ... n_Protocol

sip1 is just a name given to a 'box' that services VOIP users using SIP protocol (ie. 'box' number 1 that uses SIP protocol). sip1 has no official meaning.

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:55 am

niksrulz wrote:what exactly is meant by sip1 bcoz i've been trying this x-lite softphone from weeks now.
My set up is here:

http://www.loudon.com.au/exetel/

Regards,

doppledoer

Post by doppledoer » Sat May 03, 2008 4:26 pm

I am sharing the same problem as niksrulz. I enter information, exactly as guided in this: http://www.exetel.com.au/files/softphone.pdf, however every time I dial a number, it fails. I've done plenty of fiddling (including the preceding advice), and nothing seems to work, though I have identified a few things that could be behind the problem.

1) Insufficient settings

The Exetel email gives information such as SIP server and port, yet the guide does not require us to enter such information. Are there any other settings we should be inputting, other than the five that niksrulz mentioned? A guide for a different service (http://www.freedigits.com/kb_configurat ... #x-lite3.0) suggests something needs to be changed on the topology page. Is this the case with Exetel? Currently it is set to 'Discover Server'.

2) Wrong input

In the Exetel email, you are given a telephone number, yet the guide tells you to enter your 'SIP number'. I assume they are the same thing, but if not, this could be causing the problem

3) Wrong version

Hornet48, judging by that screenshot, it would appear you were using version 2.0. This seems to have a significantly different protocol for inputing settings (see the freedigits guide above). Version 3.0 is appearently based around a commercial product and has features ommited. This could be causing the problem. Similarly there is a demo version floating around that only allows PC-2-PC, but I don't think we have that. Perhaps version 2.0 is most suitable, and if so, it would be great if the exe file could be made available.

4) Not logged in

In the 3.0 user guide (http://www.xten.com/docs/X-Lite3.0_UserGuide.pdf) it states that you need some sort of account and "You must always log into this service in order to use the phone, even if you do not want to use your CounterPath X-Lite account.". Well I can't see anywhere where I'm supposed to log in, so this could be the problem

5) Number input

When you dial a number, do you need to add anything to it, such as country codes etc?

6) Firewall

There's also a possibility that our firewalls aren't letting it through. Is there any easy way to check this.

As you can see, there are so many things that could be to blame! I hope I've outlined them clearly. Does anyone know which might be the culprit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

niksrulz

Post by niksrulz » Sat May 03, 2008 4:33 pm

i think there is some problem with username and password provided by exetel..
Hi if there is someone from exetel plz do email me or call me as i want voip and its lot of trouble setting it

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 am

Less likely to be the username & password, but most likely to be your settings. Follow my settings below and see how it goes. If that still doesn't work, PM your DID number
Attachments
setting.jpg
setting.jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 907 times