problems connecting 2nd phone to voip service

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
blanksuburbs

problems connecting 2nd phone to voip service

Post by blanksuburbs » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 pm

hi,

I have successfully connected one phone to my nb9w modem, however when I connect a second phone into phone 2 jack, while the phone has a dial tone and you can ring out on it, it doesn't actually ring. Is there some way to rectify this problem?

thanks.

Aquard

Re: problems connecting 2nd phone to voip service

Post by Aquard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:03 pm

blanksuburbs wrote:hi,

I have successfully connected one phone to my nb9w modem, however when I connect a second phone into phone 2 jack, while the phone has a dial tone and you can ring out on it, it doesn't actually ring. Is there some way to rectify this problem?

thanks.
The phone 2 port is not just a double of phone 1. It actually lets you connect to a different Voip provider. If all you want is two phones ringing, you need a double adaptor hanging off phone 1.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Aquard wrote:
blanksuburbs wrote:hi,

thanks.
The phone 2 port is not just a double of phone 1. It actually lets you connect to a different Voip provider. If all you want is two phones ringing, you need a double adaptor hanging off phone 1.
or alternatively get yourself a three-pack of cordless DECT phones :wink:
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:08 am

Aquard wrote: thanks.
It doesnt actually allow you to (the NB9W) to connect to another provider, just have multiple DIDs with the same provider.

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 am

MikeTurner wrote:
Aquard wrote: thanks.
It doesnt actually allow you to (the NB9W) to connect to another provider, just have multiple DIDs with the same provider.
Thats is correct the NB9W cannot register to more than one SIP provider.