Dynalink (RTA1046VW) setup guide for voip

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
lingg

Re: Dynalink (RTA1046VW) setup guide for voip

Post by lingg » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:53 am

bilal wrote:The new firmware (3.64m) is still exhibiting the problem.
Our engineer has tested Dynalink 1046VW with firmware 3.64m however we can't duplicate this issue from our end, please Email voip@exetel.com.au with your VOIP number and I'll check it for you.
Last edited by lingg on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pauls52

Post by pauls52 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:11 pm

That link takes me to a page of garbage - pages and pages of code. What am I supposed to do with that?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Binary file - replacement firmware.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm

lingg, I will probably end up having to set this up for a couple of people - to avoid wasted trips, could you please provide an md5 sum for the download?

lingg

Post by lingg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:11 am

pauls52 wrote:That link takes me to a page of garbage - pages and pages of code. What am I supposed to do with that?
Uploaded an archived format.
Dazzled wrote:lingg, I will probably end up having to set this up for a couple of people - to avoid wasted trips, could you please provide an md5 sum for the download?
Hi Dazzled,
MD5 checksum of cfe-rta1046vw_sip_au-v364m_a2pb023k.zip:

07aed2330173e0ef91cb516b6f61e402

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks lingg. I didn't want to make a couple of long trips with the possibility of a sus download, though I must look into whether Dynalink firmware can be changed remotely.

It would be appreciated if all binary downloads posted by Exetel (firmware, phone apps, meters, etc) could have md5 checksums posted.

Edit- when did it turn into a zip? I've got to get it again.

lingg

Post by lingg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi Dazzled,

The firmware files was uploaded this morning.

Theoretically you should be able to upgrade firmware remotely, however it might be more risky than do it via a local network.

mattmuir

Post by mattmuir » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:01 am

I have found a solution that appears to be working for the "lag" problem - can someone please tell me the consequences?

I changed the Audio Codec to G.711a. No problem receiving or making calls (as far as I can tell), and no lag so far. I've made the change because after putting up with it for 1 year, I've decided that the lag is completely unacceptable and I'm about to do a Naomi Campbell and through the stupid router at someone...

What will G.711a do?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 am

It is a method of coding an analogue signal digitally, and is not as compact as G.729. It will cost you more in bandwidth, see https://www.exetel.com.au/members/voip_ ... h_calc.php

Technical discussion at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.711

add123

Post by add123 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:37 pm

I have the Dynalink RTA1046VW and I bought the Netcomm V210p, my IT guy didnt set up the V210p, he said you didnt need, it and I now think the reason Exetel recommneded to buy it with the Dynalink was to stop the phone delay, which I have along with hundreds of others. Is this correct, I should attach it also? My IT guy is also not hot on VOIP and the telecommunicaitons side of it do Exetel recommend agent in areas. I am in Newcastle.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 pm

add123, I replied to your other post at http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=32362

RickNet

Post by RickNet » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:18 am

Hi all, hope someone can help with this one. I am running firmware 3.64m have tried every option in every forum (I think) to the point that I know my VOIP password off by heart.
Wiring is checked, setting have been checked, details have been pasted (without additional spaces) and also hand typed. All other devices have been disconnected, other internet using apps have been shut down. All lights are showing or flashing (except VOIP ready of course) as they should be, however in SIP Basic settings lines still show as:
"Phone 1: PSTN mode
(Internet connection is not available. You can not make VOIP phone calls through this port now.)
Phone 2: PSTN mode
(Internet connection is not available. You can not make VOIP phone calls through this port now.)"

As I am on the net now the error message si a bit illogical??
After inputting all the settings I still get the message:
"SIP Basic Settings
SIP is not started completely. You can not change VoIP settings."

I am starting to think that there is a secret handhake or that I need to do some sort of VooDoo dance to be able to make VOIP calls.

patchseven

Post by patchseven » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Ok so the voip configuration is really getting to me.

All the settings appear correct, as per the numerous voip setup guides.

If I call the voip number using my mobile phone all works as expected... the phone rings and answering it allows a normal phone conversation.

If however I make an outbound call using the voip phone, the mobile phone rings, however no ring tone is heard in the voip earpiece. Also if answered the mobile can hear everything said into the voip phone, however absolutely no sound is heard on the voip line.

So what could be the problem??

It seems outgoing calls are impossible... no ringing sounds (although the connection is actually ringing), and no sounds even when connected.

Have a missed somthing really obvious, it seems it is so close to working properly but just somthing stupid is stopping it....?? Ive tried 3 different firmwares on the router and pretty much every combination of audio codecs available (firmware 3.64y lets you adjust the packet timing of each codec, although will not allow the exetel recomended 40 ms...?? only 10, 20 or 30 ms), nothing seems to fix this problem.

anyone got anything similar and have a fix, or any ideas or suggestions whatsoever??

patchseven

Post by patchseven » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 pm

OK problem solved....

For anyone alse in a similar situation.....

download the latest firmware from

http://www.netcomm.com.au/products/dynalink/rta1046vw

update your router's firmware to this.

Now you must reset your router to factory settings - either select this option in the management tab, or manually hold a paperclip in the small hole under the power button for 5 seconds.

NOTE This will remove ALL settings, so make sure you write down any names/passwords (voip and exetel user information) which you may not remember.

Now VOIP should work with the router's default settings. Note also that these default settings are very different to the ones recommended by exetel, however still seem to work perfectly.

Sope that helps somebody!!

basshead

Post by basshead » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Perhaps not quite on topic, but due to the changed exetel plans, I am about to transition to a plan which reactivates the PSTN line. As the plan includes free calls FROM the PSTN line, I wanted to make the existing phone (plugged into Phone 1 and set up through VOIP) as being able to call out without having to get a separate phone to take advantage of the free calls.

http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/asse ... 6VW_UG.pdf page 117 outlines the connections, and a little further on pages 122-123 it discusses (abit vaguely) about setting up this automatic selection of using the PSTN line for dialing out (and thus negating the need for an actual second phone for my situation).

Am I correct in my interpretation of the user manual that I need only to put in the prefix I wish to dial before each number, or do I need to enter every possible number I wish to call into the table, that is to be diverted to use the PSTN line for outgoing calls? Do I need to dial the entire number AND prefix for it to dial that number on the PSTN line?

If I have it set up as PSTN mode (and therefore presuming I don't need to enter the prefixes), will I still receive VOIP calls (on the existing VOIP number)?

On a side-note, I haven't been advised of my new PSTN phone number. I guess I could ask the first person I call what number came up on their phone display :)