International Format

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
vk3xem

International Format

Post by vk3xem » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:07 pm

I am using a Nokia N82 for my Exetel VoIP account via my WiFi connection and it works very well. However if I read an SMS on my phone and try to call the originator directly it tries to dial +613xxxxxxxx@vic.exetel.com.au but fails, saying the number is not in use. After I edit the number to local format it works fine.

Is there a way to make it work without editing the number?
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Re: International Format

Post by VoIP Admin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am

No. +613xxxxxxxx@vic.exetel.com.au is the info received by mobile phone from the sender. If i seeing this correctly, sender must be using one of our websms to send sms to you because there's no way a non-mobile CLI can send sms plus it contain exetel domain as well.

We cannot edit those number on our end at all. you will need to do it on your own.

vk3xem

Re: International Format

Post by vk3xem » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm

OK, thanks. I was hoping it would be possible to have a dialing rule set up for calling a number as Internationally formated numbers for Australia don't seem to work over VoIP for some reason.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM