Dialing Mobile phone numbers

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
2Bsure

Dialing Mobile phone numbers

Post by 2Bsure » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:23 am

I am not able to dial Mobile phone numbers from my didless voip, any suggestings?
This is the first time I have had this particular problem.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Dialing Mobile phone numbers

Post by jokiin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:56 am

2Bsure wrote:I am not able to dial Mobile phone numbers from my didless voip, any suggestings?
This is the first time I have had this particular problem.

can you call other numbers right now without a problem, also are you using a softphone or an ATA, has mobile calling been fine previously???

also I'm not sure but I think I have seen previous mention of the DIDless plans changing to have DID included, not sure if that is correct though so maybe worth checking in your account portal if there has been any changes affected to your account

dbr

Post by dbr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:28 am

Were you dialling in International format or domestic? That is +61 439 123 456 or 0439 123 456?

I was unable to us international from my Mobile using Fring to dial VOIP. I don't know which leg of the chain htrew the wobbly, however by dialling domestic format, the calls went straight through.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 pm

I've noticed International formatted numbers do not work either. :cry:
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 pm

There's a problem with DIDless services at the moment...

I can't dial 13 or 1800 numbers & earlier couldn't dial mobiles, but mobiles are now OK

Did a quick ring around of 8 friends/clients & all are having the same problems

I can replicate the problem with X-Lite as well, so it appears to be a problem at Exetel's end or with their supplier

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 pm

IanS wrote:There's a problem with DIDless services at the moment...

I can't dial 13 or 1800 numbers & earlier couldn't dial mobiles, but mobiles are now OK

Did a quick ring around of 8 friends/clients & all are having the same problems

I can replicate the problem with X-Lite as well, so it appears to be a problem at Exetel's end or with their supplier
in that case it would be worth opening a support ticket in case they are not aware of the problem

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Martin V is looking into it.

neso

Post by neso » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I have the same problem - can't dial 1800 and 13 numbers!

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:21 am

neso wrote:I have the same problem - can't dial 1800 and 13 numbers!
The 1800 and 13 numbers are a little bit more complicated than normal numbers in that many are geographically based. For example dialling Domino's Pizza (not that I would cause there a better pizzas elsewhere) it is meant to route the call to your nearest store, this works fine on normal landlines and reasonably well on mobile phones although not perfect.

But VoIP, while technically possible is impractical if the service is only used on your ADSL service. I remember trialling the VicSES 132500 a few years ago with the local Unit before it was publicly launched. We had to call the number from numerous locations in our response area on different mobile phones to ensure every carrier routed the calls correctly. Logistically this would not be possible for Exetel to implement and for many like myself that use a mobile phone configured for VoIP would be pointless as we can use the service anywhere.

Although implementing the ability to dial normal landlines and mobile phones to dial internationally formatted numbers should not be a problem.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 am

prior to having my VoIP with Exetel, I had an Engin service.

They somehow registered my DID to my home address so that the 13xxxx type calls worked, 000 calls apparently would work, (I was lucky not to have needed to test it) and they even published the number in the White Pages.

So, technically it can be done, but then I had to pay $10 a month to get the same deal that Exetel gives away for nothing!!!!!

Lawrie

neso

Post by neso » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:23 am

It used to work just fine until yesterday. Now I get the "please check the number and try again" message whenever I call 1800 *** *** or 13 ** **. They include the pricing to these numbers here: http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_planA.php ........so the service is definitely offered!

VoIP Admin
Exetel Staff

Post by VoIP Admin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 am

There has been an outage with the mobile phone calls yesterday. I have reroute those calls to another carrier and logged a fault to our supplier to get the problem fixed.

at the same time, the 13, 1300 and 1800 also have the same symptom this morning. I also did the same for 13 & 1300 but i'm still working with the 1800 because of its complex programming. I will get it fixed asap