Set up info on Voip/fring via Mobile/HSPA

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
closey

Re: Set up info on Voip/fring via Mobile/HSPA

Post by closey » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm

syncmaster wrote:How about SAMSUNG Z170 3G? It is now very cheap online.http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/7467
This uses 3G Network UMTS 2100, but not sure if this means HSPA or not.

can I use this Z170 for Exetel VOIP service via Movile/HSPA?

Thanks,
It doesn't have HSPA, so you won't get good voip.

salmond

Post by salmond » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I have a lg kf750 hand set. received the hspa sim and managed to get the mobile side of the things going but i can't set up the hspa voip.

I followed the instructions as suggested in this thread and received the setup sms in my lg handset. However, when following the link in the sms, I got the connection failed message. Would appreciate some help.

patb

Post by patb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:46 am

what about setup for Samsung F 330 handset. An Exetel salesperson said it is compatible and i have bought one for my wife. but i cant see any references on the threads to its setup. i cant find Samsung on the Fring site either. Advise much appreciated.

patb

* Private message

ianpgonzaga

Post by ianpgonzaga » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 am

i have a sony ericsson c905 and under

menu-> settings -> connectivity ->SIP settings

there are these options

User address
Proxy Server
Registrar Server

when u enter the menus you get these options to edit

User address
User Address
sip:

Proxy Server
Proxy Address:
Port: 5060
Realm:
Username:
Password:

Registrar Server
Registrar Address:
Port:5060
Realm:
Username:
Password:

anyone know if it's possible to use this phone for voip?

Jinster

Post by Jinster » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 am

Can I get some clarification on this:

I have the VOIP service setup via my VOIP/ADSL modem at home. When people ring my DID, my phone at home rings, as it should. If I input these settings into my iPhone Fring at the same time, without erasing the VOIP setting at home, what happens then? Is VOIP only signed in when making calls so having both the home VOIP modem and the iPhone set up at the same time is not a problem unless I try to make calls on both phones at the same time? What about receiving calls? Which phone rings?

If the above scenario simply doesn't work, then does this mean using Exetel VOIP via Fring is really only for people who don't use Exetel VOIP via home VOIP/ADSL modem?

Markovich

Post by Markovich » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Most VSP's do not provide for multiple concurrent connections (registrations) to the same account (not sure about Exetel specifically), so the device that receives incoming calls is the last one registered. If you want to be able to target different destination devices, you need to use services such as Net2Max (aka OZtell) or VoXaLot, which provide virtual PABX functionality for such purposes.

sqgl

Post by sqgl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Martin V wrote: We're currently working on a partnership with fring that will allow our logo and our voip settings be embedded into their software which will make it easier to set up fringe/voip on your mobile.
And how is it going (11 months later)?
Martin V wrote: -Select a communities:
-Pick [Sip]
-Input your voip username and password and exetel’s sip settings: 58.96.1.2
To clarify: What Exetel calls "username", fring calls this "User-ID"
(and average person calls this their "VOIP phone number").

Now, although fring says "e.g. user@sip.com"
I simply entered my VOIP number as given by exetel (ie without +61)
(ie not followed by "@sip.com" or @exetel.com or anything).

Incidently it seems quite rude if Exetel's idea of a user manual for setting up
VOIP on a HSPA mobile phone is this thread and nothing else.
At the very least I could have had the URL of this thread emailed to me
(instead of just USB modem setup instructions).

maximpike

Post by maximpike » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Any one else had trouble with Fring for iPhone since the update (2.0.0.4 IIRC).
Previously I had it all up and running fine...but since the update it drops the call as soon as it starts ringing.
I re-installed fring and now it won't recognise my userID and password.

mss

Post by mss » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm

I have bought "Samsung SGH-U800 Soul b" mobile phone which is on the exetel's 3G/HSPA compatibility list. From Exetel, I have a HSPA sim/connection for the mobilephone and a new VIOP number. One of the customer service reps with exetel informed me that I don't need to download any software. I am not sure if this is right. Could someone please guide me or send instructions on how to start using voip. I did download the fringe on this phone, but when I try to install, fringe is asking me to select my phone from the list, and this model is not listed in there. Can someone please help.

sqgl

Post by sqgl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 am

mss wrote:I have bought "Samsung SGH-U800 Soul b" mobile phone which is on the exetel's 3G/HSPA compatibility list. From Exetel, I have a HSPA sim/connection for the mobilephone and a new VIOP number. One of the customer service reps with exetel informed me that I don't need to download any software. I am not sure if this is right. Could someone please guide me or send instructions on how to start using voip. I did download the fringe on this phone, but when I try to install, fringe is asking me to select my phone from the list, and this model is not listed in there. Can someone please help.
Fring is crap. Lag of about four seconds. (Nimbuzz is not much better and it seems to no longer be free now). On the road I hook up my phone to my laptop and use X-Lite. Not very "mobile" I know.

notoriousft

Post by notoriousft » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 am

sqgl wrote:
mss wrote:I have bought "Samsung SGH-U800 Soul b" mobile phone which is on the exetel's 3G/HSPA compatibility list. From Exetel, I have a HSPA sim/connection for the mobilephone and a new VIOP number. One of the customer service reps with exetel informed me that I don't need to download any software. I am not sure if this is right. Could someone please guide me or send instructions on how to start using voip. I did download the fringe on this phone, but when I try to install, fringe is asking me to select my phone from the list, and this model is not listed in there. Can someone please help.
Fring is crap. Lag of about four seconds. (Nimbuzz is not much better and it seems to no longer be free now). On the road I hook up my phone to my laptop and use X-Lite. Not very "mobile" I know.
Nimbuzz is still free and much more reliable than fring AFAIK.

sqgl

Post by sqgl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:06 am

notoriousft wrote:Nimbuzz is still free and much more reliable than fring AFAIK.
The software may be free but about a month ago whenever I call a number I am told that I need Nimbuzz credit. Perhaps because I have gone interstate?

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 am

Free 'SIP' on Nimbuzz is selective by phone make/model. I use to have a Samsung Innov8 and the Nimbuzz SIP feature was disabled, 'call-out' credits was the only option. That plus issues with fring, craptacular performance of talkonaut and vphone/exeMoIP incompatibilty prompted me to replace the Innov8 with an E71.

sqgl

Post by sqgl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

Ravenous wrote:Free 'SIP' on Nimbuzz is selective by phone make/model. I use to have a Samsung Innov8 and the Nimbuzz SIP feature was disabled, 'call-out' credits was the only option.
In my case it used to work fine and I haven't disabled anything, merely gone interestate. When exetel give us a VOIP phone number they ask us to specify which city we want it to be associated with, that is why I am suspecting this.

notoriousft

Post by notoriousft » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm

sqgl wrote: In my case it used to work fine and I haven't disabled anything, merely gone interestate. When exetel give us a VOIP phone number they ask us to specify which city we want it to be associated with, that is why I am suspecting this.
Did you by any chance happen to update Nimbuzz? At last versions of Nimbuzz, you have to choose from NimbuzzOut, SkypeOut or SIP as VoIP provider. You may have missed that part.