Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
raymond
Exetel Staff

Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 am

Exetel recently developed a new function for the VoIP service:

Conference Call Room.

This provides you with a function to have a meeting or chat over the telephone with multiple people and will become a standard part of Exetel's VOIP offering.

Access Number:
0280905699 (SYDNEY)
0280905225 (SYDNEY)
0242730199 (WOLLONGONG)
0247860699 (PENRITH)
0261760599 (CANBERRA)
0352940799 (GEELONG)
0390058899 (MELBOURNE)
0730404999 (BRISBANE)
0861021599 (PERTH)
0872002899 (ADELAIDE)

Room number: 100
User password: 55
Administrator Password: 99 (please do not change it)

Your feedback is appreciated.

If you want to setup your private room, please email raymondl@exetel.com.au

Raymond

jOhn-e

Re: Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

Post by jOhn-e » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:56 am

So far so good..

Tested it with Howard :)
Going Going Gone....

Howard

Post by Howard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm

A suggestion to allow more DIDs connect to the platform, so that it will be an international telephone conference.

i.e.
UK DID
USA DID
HK DID
CN DID

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:13 pm

I second Howards suggestion, if there were international DID's and national DID's in every major city I would be willing to pay for this feature.

Internationally I would be looking at DID's in: USA, UK, all major mainland European countries (NL, DE, F, BE, AT, S, P, IT, etc.)

If creating extra DIDs turns out to be to cumbersome it would be great to be able to have a private room from which you can dial in multiple parties at your normal VOIP rates.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 pm

National and internation DID should be not a problem to us. In this stage, we do the service function testing.

flak

Post by flak » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Any guidance on cost?

Doggins

Post by Doggins » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm

(edit its working better now i must have had a bad line)

I think this is a really good service

I love these little side options exetel offer.... eg email2fax & email to sms etc

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:31 pm

flak wrote:Any guidance on cost?
There is no cost now.

BZ

Post by BZ » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm

I tried a couple of times a while ago to hold an 8 way audio conference using Oztel, but it had bandwidth problems and consequently not only stuffed the idea but now the participants are very loathed to try it again.

can the server handle say 8 to 10 participants without issues?

Can we have the facility to dial-out?

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:49 pm

raymond wrote:Exetel recently developed a new function for the VoIP service:

Conference Call Room.

This provides you with a function to have a meeting or chat over the telephone with multiple people and will become a standard part of Exetel's VOIP offering.
Ok, I'll show my ignorance! Who can use this? Only people with Exetel VoIP accounts? And how is it used? I dialled the number (I don't have Ex. VoIP), entered the room number and password, and was asked to enter my name (audibly). But not knowing what to expect then, I hung up. What happens next? Do I get asked to enter a phone number of someone I want to talk to, and then do I also enter numbers of others I want to talk to in a conference? Or do I end up in a "room" where I can talk to whoever is already there, but I wouldn't know who they are? And what is a "private room"?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:56 pm

BZ wrote:I tried a couple of times a while ago to hold an 8 way audio conference using Oztel, but it had bandwidth problems and consequently not only stuffed the idea but now the participants are very loathed to try it again.

can the server handle say 8 to 10 participants without issues?

Can we have the facility to dial-out?
Exetel VOIP service doesn't use IP-IP routing, so there is no Bandwidth involved. It is PRI connection between our switch and PSTN. The quality should be same as PSTN.

We test that server can handle more than 300 concurrent calls without any problem.

We are developing dial-out invite facilites to make local or international rates.

Doggins

Post by Doggins » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 pm

is that just a test phone number? do get a unique number or room number when you sign up?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:05 pm

oblong wrote:
raymond wrote:Exetel recently developed a new function for the VoIP service:

Conference Call Room.

Ok, I'll show my ignorance! Who can use this? Only people with Exetel VoIP accounts? And how is it used? I dialled the number (I don't have Ex. VoIP), entered the room number and password, and was asked to enter my name (audibly). But not knowing what to expect then, I hung up. What happens next? Do I get asked to enter a phone number of someone I want to talk to, and then do I also enter numbers of others I want to talk to in a conference? Or do I end up in a "room" where I can talk to whoever is already there, but I wouldn't know who they are? And what is a "private room"?
For example, you have a conference meeting with your business partners. There are multiple people involved in the conference. Then, you need this service to hold the meeting for you.

You need to have multiple people to call the room at the same time. The admin will hold the meeting and every paticipant can talk together.

When you have a "private room", only the people who know the password can login. So, it makes your room private.

This is just start of the service. We will publish the FAQ and instruction later.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Doggins wrote:is that just a test phone number? do get a unique number or room number when you sign up?
The phone number is real number.
The room number is public and for testing to forum user.
We will add room creation function in the member's facilities, so that you can create your own room.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:46 pm

raymond wrote: This is just start of the service. We will publish the FAQ and instruction later.
that sure would make it easier than having to use psychic powers to work it out ;)

you should have a look at the way clickandcallnow do conferencing with a web based interface, it works quite well and I think it would be something you could implement quite easily