Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
raymond
Exetel Staff

Re: Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

jok11n wrote:
raymond wrote: This is just start of the service. We will publish the FAQ and instruction later.
that sure would make it easier than having to use psychic powers to work it out ;)

you should have a look at the way clickandcallnow do conferencing with a web based interface, it works quite well and I think it would be something you could implement quite easily
We just add national access numbers above. Web based interface will be done soon.

There will be a lot of update and features later. Please keep close monitoring this thread.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:03 pm

raymond wrote: Web based interface will be done soon.

There will be a lot of update and features later. Please keep close monitoring this thread.
ok sounds good :)

smoky

Post by smoky » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:32 pm

This is another great idea from Exetel, but just have to have one little gripe, the FAQ on how to use it would help before broadcasting it can be used, as has already been said, we aren't psychics and can't read the minds of the Exetel guru's on this. Don't get me wrong, I 'do' think this is a great idea, and can only get more people using this great VoIP service....a T.....a killer ..... :lol:

Cheers
Smoky

PS: One question though, I'm on VoIP, and want to have a conference call with others, must they be on VoIP as well? Can see this use for our group out West of the divide on occasions when the tyranny of distance prevails.
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 pm

raymond wrote:
Doggins wrote:is that just a test phone number? do get a unique number or room number when you sign up?
The phone number is real number.
The room number is public and for testing to forum user.
We will add room creation function in the member's facilities, so that you can create your own room.
That makes more sense now!

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks Exetel fantastic service yet again.

As these are Exetel VOIP dial in numbers would that make the call from an Exetel VOIP service a free call ?

Thanks in advance

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Ditman1 wrote:Thanks Exetel fantastic service yet again.

As these are Exetel VOIP dial in numbers would that make the call from an Exetel VOIP service a free call ?

Thanks in advance
These access numbers are VOIP number. It is free call if you have a VOIP with Exetel.

Bendy

Post by Bendy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:07 pm

HI all,

I know of a Queensland based business that was chasing a quote for a teleconferacing facility. They were with Telstra but changed about three years ago to Optus and it would nearly be up for renewal again. The only issue I have with recommending the exetel service to them (which would require they also change their ISP at one of their locations) is that they prefer to be able to give out 1800 numbers to those that are participating in the conferences, Telstra and Optus both offered this to them, and I was wanting to know if it would be possible for Exetel to or would they need to purchase a 1800 number and then divert it to the Brisbane DID number?

They can not set up all of the remote offices under Exetels internet because some people are working from home or on the road, thus why they prefer to have a 1800 number.

Looking forward to a response to pass on,

Cheers,

Ben

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am

Bendy wrote:HI all,

I know of a Queensland based business that was chasing a quote for a teleconferacing facility. They were with Telstra but changed about three years ago to Optus and it would nearly be up for renewal again. The only issue I have with recommending the exetel service to them (which would require they also change their ISP at one of their locations) is that they prefer to be able to give out 1800 numbers to those that are participating in the conferences, Telstra and Optus both offered this to them, and I was wanting to know if it would be possible for Exetel to or would they need to purchase a 1800 number and then divert it to the Brisbane DID number?

They can not set up all of the remote offices under Exetels internet because some people are working from home or on the road, thus why they prefer to have a 1800 number.

Looking forward to a response to pass on,

Cheers,

Ben
Exetel is able to offer 1800 number and divert to a Brisbane DID number for conference call. If you would like to have further information about 1800 number, you can email to corporatesales @ exetel.com.au.

Treadders

Post by Treadders » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Hey all

I'm trying to ring into 0280905225 but keep on getting the engaged signal.

Anyone else having this issue?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm

It should work now.

Treadders

Post by Treadders » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:01 pm

raymond wrote:It should work now.
Nope, still not working....is it jus this number? Is there another one I could try? I'm in Melbourne here, so could I try one of the Melbourne numbers?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Treadders wrote:
raymond wrote:It should work now.
Nope, still not working....is it jus this number? Is there another one I could try? I'm in Melbourne here, so could I try one of the Melbourne numbers?
It works for me.

these are national access numbers:
0280905699 (SYDNEY)
0280905225 (SYDNEY)
0242730199 (WOLLONGONG)
0247860699 (PENRITH)
0261760599 (CANBERRA)
0352940799 (GEELONG)
0390058899 (MELBOURNE)
0730404999 (BRISBANE)
0861021599 (PERTH)
0872002899 (ADELAIDE)

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Very nice, would I be correct in assuming once this project is completed that it will become a charged service or will it just be part of our ADSL/VoIP service?

If so, what sort of costs would be involved? Monthly subscription or casual use pricing?
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Les

Post by Les » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

Hi,

I registered a room via user facilities.

I dialed the Sydney access number, and entered the room number (1001) followed by # key when prompted, but it just prompts again for the room number. After the 3rd attempt at entering the room number followed by the # key the call is terminated.

I've also tried entering the public room number (100) followed by the # key but get the same result.

Is there something I'm missing?

Les

PS: Any chance you can add Newcastle and Gold Coast access numbers given that you offer VOIP DID numbers in those areas.

thiagomaia

Post by thiagomaia » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Les
Maybe is not catching the DTMF from your phone. Can you tell me your phone number, where did you call?
If you prefer, my email is (maia@exetel.com.au)

Thanks

Thiago Maia