Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
thiagomaia

Re: Telephone Conference Room From Exetel

Post by thiagomaia » Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 am

Hello jimbob. Can you give to me your conference number?
My e-mail is maia@exetel.com.au

Thanks

thiagomaia

Post by thiagomaia » Fri May 08, 2009 9:43 am

Hello tmccoy. Can you please try again conference 1083. We are investigating. For some reason system didn't added this conference number.

thanks
Thiago Maia
maia@exetel.com.au

tmccoy

Post by tmccoy » Fri May 08, 2009 1:49 pm

thiagomaia wrote:Hello tmccoy. Can you please try again conference 1083. We are investigating. For some reason system didn't added this conference number.

thanks
Thiago Maia
maia@exetel.com.au
Works now - thankyou kindly!

tmccoy

Post by tmccoy » Fri May 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Maybe add the admin options to the original post of a FAQ?

*80 Administration menu
*81 Change chair password
*82 Change user password
*83 Mute recording option
*84 Enable recording option
*85 Start calls without chair
*86 Only start calls when chair has joined
*87 Enabled name recording
*88 Disable name recording
*89 Enable conference announcements
*90 Disable conference announcements
## Return to conference

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Tue May 26, 2009 3:15 am

Still happening ...

inmarket

Post by inmarket » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Nice facility.

A couple of questions...
1. How do users mute themselves (and unmute themselves)?
2. How do you start/stop a call recording (as seems to exist looking at the admin options) and then how do you retrieve or listen to the recordings?

bmach

Post by bmach » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi EVeryone,

Is this still in operation? I tried

Number: 0280905225
Room number: 100

But it didn't seem to accept room number 100 (even after pressing #). It asked me over and over again until it hung up on me.

Cheers,

Brent

jon_m_obrien

Post by jon_m_obrien » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 am

raymond wrote:National and internation DID should be not a problem to us. In this stage, we do the service function testing.
Hi Raymond, 14 months later, will International DID's be added please?
raymond wrote:This is just start of the service. We will publish the FAQ and instruction later.
That would be fantastic please.
raymond wrote:Web based interface will be done soon.
That would be fantastic please.
raymond wrote:Exetel is able to offer 1800 number and divert to a Brisbane DID number for conference call. If you would like to have further information about 1800 number, you can email to corporatesales @ exetel.com.au.
Do you mean Exetel Corporate can provide a 1800 number to us in general? I didn't know that, I have Exetel preselection but paying Telstra for 1800 and 1300 numbers.
But Exetel won't provide a 1800 number to the Conference system for everyone? What about if you provide a 1800, and when someone dials in, enters a room and a PIN, then the incoming call cost gets charged to the members facility?
raymond wrote:We are developing dial-out invite facilites to make local or international rates.
When this is done, I can see this service being extensively used (and also assisting exetel in recovering some of the costs as outgoing calls will be billable. With no International DIDs yet, and often it is easier for the chair to initiate multiple calls (national/international), placing each call on hold once connected while dialling the next call, then bringing them all together, rather than having many people scheduled to ring in at a set time. With clocks out by 5 minutes, then callers will be straggling in all over the place.

Even better will be a web interface - like the one setup for VOIP Call Connect - that is BRILLIANT! Just type in 2 numbers, submit call, and the calls are connected. Just expand that already-developed interface a tiny bit so you can intiate conference calls. Have the option to intiate all the participants from the web interface only - so the page will look almost exactly like the Call Connect page, and you just enter in 3-to-300 numbers, connect all the numbers, and away you go. Or add the option of having a room number and PIN so that others can also call-in as well.

It would be good to add as an extra (but not at the expense of delaying the call-out feature and web-interface) the ability to control the calls from the web-interface - ie. to be able to add extra calls (eg. you are having your conference and Joe says we need to ask John about this. So the chair just says "right, dialling him now", types in his number in the "Add participant" box. Then Joe says "this is confidential, Harry should drop off the call", and so the chair clicks on Harry's box and selects "drop call".
raymond wrote:.
All these "coming soono" items were listed 14 months ago. Most of the work seems already done - the Interface is there for the Call Connect feature, could the Interface please be completed for the Call Conferencing feature.
Cheers, Jono.

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread but better to continue than start many...

When using exetel VOIP connection to the conference room the voip gets extremely choppy. If I hang up and dial another number (not conference) immediately it is not choppy, if I dial back in to the conference number the call is again choppy and not usable. Seems to be an issue with Exetel VOIP and the conf number (I am in Brisbane and dialing the Brisbane conf number). If I use an Engin VOIP or mobile to dial the number then the call is not choppy.

Any ideas? I didn't try dialing any other conf number just the brisbane one.

TIA

Ron