DID - "The number you have called is not connected"

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
buzzedman

DID - "The number you have called is not connected"

Post by buzzedman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my VOIP service at the moment whereby any incoming call (from mobile, other landline etc.) is met with the message "The number you have called is not connected - please check the number and try again". I've been restarting and looking through the logs, but I'm a little stumped.... I definitely have voicemail activated in member services, so does this mean I should at very least get to the mailbox prompt ?

Any ideas / testing suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Buzz.

EDIT: BTW - I can still make outgoing calls just fine

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: DID - "The number you have called is not connected"

Post by jokiin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:32 pm

buzzedman wrote:Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my VOIP service at the moment whereby any incoming call (from mobile, other landline etc.) is met with the message "The number you have called is not connected - please check the number and try again". I've been restarting and looking through the logs, but I'm a little stumped.... I definitely have voicemail activated in member services, so does this mean I should at very least get to the mailbox prompt ?

Any ideas / testing suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Buzz.

EDIT: BTW - I can still make outgoing calls just fine
I have seen this in the past with newly allocated numbers that haven't been registered with other carriers yet so they don't know the number actually exists, best to raise a support ticket with the details so someone can look into it for you

nigelmullen

Post by nigelmullen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey buzzedman, I have the same problem as of early this morning. My service comes off the Wolfe street exchange in Newcastle. I can make outgoing calls, surf the net etc...but all incoming calls are greeted with the same message you are getting. What the.... is going on????
Any ideas anyone????? :x

buzzedman

Post by buzzedman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:57 am

My service comes off the Wolfe street exchange in Newcastle
Hey Mate,

I'm in Newcastle with a 40xxxxxx number, so might be something strange happening for our area.. I will log a ticket.

Buzz

nigelmullen

Post by nigelmullen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 am

Hey Buzz,

My number is a 4017XXXX number. I logged a ticket late last night. There is no change this morning, hopefully they will be able to have a look at the problem today. Will keep you in the loop.

Martin V

Post by Martin V » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 am

nigelmullen wrote:Hey Buzz,

My number is a 4017XXXX number. I logged a ticket late last night. There is no change this morning, hopefully they will be able to have a look at the problem today. Will keep you in the loop.

Could you please un-register and re-register the voip account.

lingg
Exetel Staff

Post by lingg » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:50 am

Currently we don't have a problem with New Castle DID numbers, I've tested 0240****** numbers and the incoming calls are working fine.

buzzedman and nigelmullen, there seems to be some issue with the reply from your equipment,
I've replied your tickets with the details.

nigelmullen

Post by nigelmullen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 am

Good news.... took my username and password out of my linksys pap2 and saved the settings. Then entered my username and password back into the linksys and saved it again. Now my VOIP works again. Go figure.........

karLos

Post by karLos » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:10 am

i have had this message once or twice since i started using voip. i have been able to make and receive calls from day one, but when the service isnt registered properly it has performed odd things, like simply fail (with the beeps) or give messages like this. obviously i expect it to go to voicemail - so im not sure. perhaps it could be something else?

wow that was helpful.