busy tone when calling Sydney PSTN and Exetel VOIP

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
GLOpro

busy tone when calling Sydney PSTN and Exetel VOIP

Post by GLOpro » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:58 am

Hi,

Last week I have a number of times where i continually get a busy tone when calling other Exetel VOIP numbers with or without the STD prefix.

And today one of our friends is experiencing the same thing, however in the past hour, they always get a busy tone when calling a standard Sydney PSTN or our VOIP number (without the STD prefix). When she calls us using the STD prefix it comes through, but no difference for other Sydney PSTN numbers.

They can receive calls OK , and can make calls to mobile without any issues.

I realise that there have been some SIP server changes last friday but this appears not to be related.

Any help here please?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: busy tone when calling Sydney PSTN and Exetel VOIP

Post by jokiin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm

GLOpro wrote:Hi,

Last week I have a number of times where i continually get a busy tone when calling other Exetel VOIP numbers with or without the STD prefix.

And today one of our friends is experiencing the same thing, however in the past hour, they always get a busy tone when calling a standard Sydney PSTN or our VOIP number (without the STD prefix). When she calls us using the STD prefix it comes through, but no difference for other Sydney PSTN numbers.

They can receive calls OK , and can make calls to mobile without any issues.

I realise that there have been some SIP server changes last friday but this appears not to be related.

Any help here please?
make sure you have the DID entered in the name field and not something else, it will now cause outgoing calls to fail if the display name is set to something else