How to set up a voice mail?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
thomas261989

How to set up a voice mail?

Post by thomas261989 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 am

I'm using X-Lite software for my VOIP service and have no idea how I can set up a voice mail so that people who call me when my laptop is off can leave a message :?: . I only use my VOIP for calling since receiving calls is always lagging for me. Plz help me!

JasonM

Re: How to set up a voice mail?

Post by JasonM » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm

To activate voicemail, login to members facilities and choose VoIP, then "Change My Service".

Tick Voicemail to enable voicemail.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm

JasonM wrote:To activate voicemail, login to members facilities and choose VoIP, then "Change My Service".

Voicemail previously only worked if the SIP service in question was registered and active on the network, has this been fixed since?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 pm

jok11n wrote:
JasonM wrote:To activate voicemail, login to members facilities and choose VoIP, then "Change My Service".

Voicemail previously only worked if the SIP service in question was registered and active on the network, has this been fixed since?
I'm not sure if that's correct. Voicemail should in an expected manner, go to voicemail if the device is offline / unregistered, busy, and not answering.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 pm

JasonM wrote:
I'm not sure if that's correct. Voicemail should in an expected manner, go to voicemail if the device is offline / unregistered, busy, and not answering.
I agree that's how it should be but it hasn't been working like that

neb

Post by neb » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:04 pm

jok11n wrote:
JasonM wrote:
I agree that's how it should be but it hasn't been working like that
It works like that fine, at least when I did a test in the days before Christmas it did anyway :)

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

neb wrote: It works like that fine, at least when I did a test in the days before Christmas it did anyway :)
I just checked it also and it's working as it should now :)