bria setup for exetel HSPA voip

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
MR NO NOTHING

Re: bria setup for exetel HSPA voip

Post by MR NO NOTHING » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Jason M

No I can't. The purpose for VOIP on my laptop is making bookings while i'm on my way around OZ on my trike. I don't really need inccoming calls but if you want i might be able to run some tests for you and get back to you later next week.

Kind regards
Steve

samarium

Post by samarium » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 pm

What came up on the caller-id of the people you phoned when you had display name="bob"?
What about if the display name was set to the voip number, ie 0123456789?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 pm

MR NO NOTHING wrote: Display Name :This is your name eg If your name is bob; then type in bob
actually this should be your DID (account number) or you may have issues with calls not going through

MR NO NOTHING

Post by MR NO NOTHING » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:34 am

samarium wrote:What came up on the caller-id of the people you phoned when you had display name="bob"?
What about if the display name was set to the voip number, ie 0123456789?
From memory it was the phone number called
ie0288888888
Regards
Steve

samarium

Post by samarium » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:31 am

Interesting, as from reading here, I would expect "bob" to result in no caller-id, and correct-number to result in correct-number.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:32 am

samarium wrote:Interesting, as from reading here, I would expect "bob" to result in no caller-id, and correct-number to result in correct-number.
it should have inserted a generic gateway number but this can sometimes not work (which will cause the calls to fail) so it's better to put the correct number in for CID

steve sydneyside

Post by steve sydneyside » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi I don't know if this is the best place to put this as its Moip not Voip however here goes?
I just downloaded a Bria app for my Android phone and had some difficulties in set-up (I DID NOT HAVE THE PREFERRED METHOD ie. inside a WiFi HotSpot). I will go through the settings here for the app so that anyone else can follow to do their own set up..
These instructions constitute a volunteered effort and are not for all regional settings (devices)
I have an A50 Garmin~Asus the app was downloaded from the Market directly onto this device and then Installed without problems

After activating the Bria icon the phone face appears

Select > More > Accounts > Add Account > SIP Generic

You will then be faced with a rather long list of Selections I will enter the (current at time of POST) details of what you need underneath each new selection Heading
  • Account Name
Your eXeTeL Voip/Moip number eg 02########

User Details
  • Display Name
  • User Name
  • Password
Your eXeTeL Voip/Moip password issued to you when you enrolled for your account

Server Details
  • Domian
eXeTeL Sip Server eg~58.96.1.2
  • Outbound Proxy
eXeTeL Sip Server : Sip Port eg~58.96.1.2:5060
  • Authorisation Name
Leave this Blank unless you have an authorisation name

Additional
  • Voice Mail Number
<empty>
  • Account Advanced
<no changes ~all default settings>
  • Dial Plans
<no changes>

I used the BRIA phone both for Inbound AND Outbound. The quality is not that great when using it around other people who are also using their devices (resembles the old analogue service we used to pay an arm and a leg for). In the open space on the other hand is quite usable and functional. I contacted people on their Land lines and they called me on the same. Could not see any Data usage so far only made eight calls and the longest was 10minutes @call cost $0.10 :lol:
Keep an eye on where your going and life will have more meaning - Don't become cynical..

Kayla

Post by Kayla » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:08 am

hI,

I have an existing voip acc setup on a notebook with a Bria 3 soft phone, all working ok. I have recently acquired a Toshiba AT100 android tablet
and have installed the Bria soft phone app.

Have used the following as a template to setup the account. I get a failed to authenticate. Verify user name and password. Unauthorized (401) error.

Can I run one voip account from 2 different platforms or will I need to purchase another voip account from exetel to run on the tablet ?

Thanks
steve sydneyside wrote:Hi I don't know if this is the best place to put this as its Moip not Voip however here goes?
I just downloaded a Bria app for my Android phone and had some difficulties in set-up (I DID NOT HAVE THE PREFERRED METHOD ie. inside a WiFi HotSpot). I will go through the settings here for the app so that anyone else can follow to do their own set up..
These instructions constitute a volunteered effort and are not for all regional settings (devices)
I have an A50 Garmin~Asus the app was downloaded from the Market directly onto this device and then Installed without problems

After activating the Bria icon the phone face appears

Select > More > Accounts > Add Account > SIP Generic

You will then be faced with a rather long list of Selections I will enter the (current at time of POST) details of what you need underneath each new selection Heading
  • Account Name

User Details
  • Display Name
  • User Name
  • Password
Your eXeTeL Voip/Moip password issued to you when you enrolled for your account

Server Details
  • Domian
  • Outbound Proxy
  • Authorisation Name
Leave this Blank unless you have an authorisation name

Additional
  • Voice Mail Number
<empty>
  • Account Advanced
<no changes ~all default settings>
  • Dial Plans
<no changes>

I used the BRIA phone both for Inbound AND Outbound. The quality is not that great when using it around other people who are also using their devices (resembles the old analogue service we used to pay an arm and a leg for). In the open space on the other hand is quite usable and functional. I contacted people on their Land lines and they called me on the same. Could not see any Data usage so far only made eight calls and the longest was 10minutes @call cost $0.10 :lol:

Lakmal

Post by Lakmal » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 am

You can use the same VoIP account on two different platforms and it will not be a problem. But Exetel does not recommend the use of single VoIP number on two devices at the same time.

Kayla

Post by Kayla » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 am

Lakmal wrote:You can use the same VoIP account on two different platforms and it will not be a problem. But Exetel does not recommend the use of single VoIP number on two devices at the same time.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

I used the template above and I am having trouble with error 401. As the template is for moip and i am setting up voip, am I missing something here ? are there some tablet android settings I need to change ?

Thanks

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:26 am

Error 401 is usually a bad login name/password when connecting to a server. The Exetel VoIP server login name is your 10 digit DID (number) and the password is a jumble of letters given to you when the account was opened. It is case sensitive.

A sidetrack: The free softphone Linphone is available for Android, but I have no experience of this on that platform (ie, I don't own suitable hardware). If you should try it, could you report back? Codec PCMA is the one to use.

Kayla

Post by Kayla » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Dazzled wrote:Error 401 is usually a bad login name/password when connecting to a server. The Exetel VoIP server login name is your 10 digit DID (number) and the password is a jumble of letters given to you when the account was opened. It is case sensitive.

A sidetrack: The free softphone Linphone is available for Android, but I have no experience of this on that platform (ie, I don't own suitable hardware). If you should try it, could you report back? Codec PCMA is the one to use.
I have checked my DID and password, seem to be ok; could it be in the following part of the setup ? are these the correct inputs ?

Server Details

Domian

Outbound Proxy

Thanks

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

did you try it without the proxy added? also you shouldn't need to add the port detail for the proxy either

Kayla

Post by Kayla » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:46 am

jokiin wrote:did you try it without the proxy added? also you shouldn't need to add the port detail for the proxy either
All is good, removed the info from the proxy detail, re checked the password - I need new glasses :roll:

Thanks all for your assistance

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Kayla wrote:
jokiin wrote:did you try it without the proxy added? also you shouldn't need to add the port detail for the proxy either
All is good, removed the info from the proxy detail, re checked the password - I need new glasses :roll:

Thanks all for your assistance
Glad to hear that your issue has been fixed now. Any issues in the future let us know :mrgreen: