HSPA 100 Free VOIP Calls ... gone?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
vicbitter

HSPA 100 Free VOIP Calls ... gone?

Post by vicbitter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Credit to: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=1179199

Exetel "Home Page" News:

01/04/09 – 100 free VoIP calls added to all current ADSL1, ADSL2 and Wireless Broadband plans

Then I click on Wireless Broadband Plans->Wireless Pricing:

http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php

..the 100 VOIP calls have disappeared!

Change your HSPA routers, SIP profiles in phone back to your previous provider (PT!) ;)
I know it's only $2 difference ... but that's like ... almost 10 packs of Aldi 2 minute noodles!

Please...correct me if I'm wrong!(or delete the thread)
(I don't really care about 2c, but it'd be nice to know ;))

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: HSPA 100 Free VOIP Calls ... gone?

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:23 pm

See this post, too
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 22#p240522

I am trying to find out the answer.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Audrey Jnr

Post by Audrey Jnr » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi Gidget - good to see you were able to get the inclusions list fixed. You might have noticed several people on Whirlpool were really worried about it too.

I'm still unclear though as to whether or not I get the 100 free VoIP calls? I signed up for the HSPA E1 Plan on 23 March, activation was completed 26 March, and I activated my VoIP service 31 March (all with the belief I'd be receiving the 100 Free VoIP calls as listed in the plan inclusions). I've already been 'misled' by 2 Exetel staff members via email (one told me the free calls were never included and the other told me they had been 'planned' to be included, but the plan was pulled at the last minute - and never admitted they were included in the plan inclusions list on the HSPA Prices Page and hasn't worried about emailing me to say "Actually, FYI, we've reneged on reneging".)

Geez, that sounds like I'm cranky - am I'm REALLY not - honest!! I'm really glad Exetel were able to re-include the free VoIP calls. I'm just not clear on whether or not I'll be receiving them? The HSPA Price Page says it's information was last updated 02/04/09, but we know that's not accurate - it's been changed at least twice that I know of since then.

How can I clarify this, Gidget? Will I get that inclusion? Can you help?
Feeeed Me . . . I'm HUNGRY!!!

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:06 am

Audrey Jnr wrote:Hi Gidget - good to see you were able to get the inclusions list fixed.
No problem.
You might have noticed several people on Whirlpool were really worried about it too.
Nah, I keep away from Whirlpool - it's bad for my blood pressure :D
I've already been 'misled' by 2 Exetel staff members via email (one told me the free calls were never included and the other told me they had been 'planned' to be included, but the plan was pulled at the last minute - and never admitted they were included in the plan inclusions list on the HSPA Prices Page and hasn't worried about emailing me to say "Actually, FYI, we've reneged on reneging".)
I'm sure that any misleading was quite unintentional - sometimes things move quickly in Exetel-land and it's hard to keep up.
Geez, that sounds like I'm cranky - am I'm REALLY not - honest!! I'm really glad Exetel were able to re-include the free VoIP calls. I'm just not clear on whether or not I'll be receiving them?
I had it confirmed by Exetel management that current HSPA plans get the 100 free VOIP national calls per month, which is why the order page was amended. If you are on a current HSPA plan then you should qualify. I expect that your next invoice on 1 May will list all VOIP calls made and their cost, and then credit you with a $ amount equivalent to the national (10 cent) calls you made (provided they are less than or equal to 100, of course). This is currently how the free monthly SMSs are accounted for.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Audrey Jnr

Post by Audrey Jnr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am

Whoosh - WOW Gidget - you're on the ball, aren't you?! Thanks so much for getting back to me soon.

That's a weight off my mind - thanks for checking that out. And if I have any questions or issues regarding next month's bill, I'll contact 'Billing' via the online form - correct?

Thanks again for your help - what an ANGEL!!!! :P
Feeeed Me . . . I'm HUNGRY!!!

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:20 am

Audrey Jnr wrote:And if I have any questions or issues regarding next month's bill, I'll contact 'Billing' via the online form - correct?
PM me if you have any issues in this regard come 1 May and I'll check it out.
Thanks again for your help - what an ANGEL!!!! :P
That's why I've got wings :mrgreen:

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal