New NetComm V90 - HELP

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
smoky_stu

Re: New NetComm V90 - HELP

Post by smoky_stu » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Guess I've worn out my welcome on help on this subject, neither Exetel nor anyone in the group has been able (some have tried) to help me get this crap of a phone going. Anyone want to buy a brand new NetComm V90 for a good price? Selling on Ebay this week to cut my losses. Will be looking at other phones, any suggestions as to VoIP phones that actually work without having to be Einstein to set them up...I'd love to know... :(

Cheers

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:38 am

Have you tried the Live Support button in the top middle of this page? I've found them the most helpful of any of Exetel's support services.

T.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:25 am

Click on Save Changes on the left menu to store the current settings. They should then stay after a reboot.

smoky_stu

Post by smoky_stu » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Dazzled wrote:Click on Save Changes on the left menu to store the current settings. They should then stay after a reboot.

Thanks for getting back to me Dazzled...but have done exactly that many times and it still comes back looking like the last image, as though it's gone through and not saved a thing.... :cry:

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 am

If you are doing meaningful settings for Profile 1 (there must be a 1st account) and it won't save changes, you have got me. It is just possible that refusing to save is a self-protecting response to some contradictory settings you have accidentally made, programmers often do that, but I have no experience of this. You could talk directly to Netcomm (it isn't always quick, so don't use a mobile) or at http://www.netcomm.com.au/contact_us/techsupport, in case they can shed some light, or in case you have a guarantee issue. I haven't heard of reliability problems though.