Porting Numbers?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
glenn929

Porting Numbers?

Post by glenn929 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:11 am

Is there any progress on Porting Numbers?

And if or when this is available, can you only port your existing PSTN number or will be possible to get a local number (eg: Central Coast 0243xxxx) without an existing line?

Reason I am asking is because I would like two numbers, one of for family use and one for the business that I run from home.

James D

Re: Porting Numbers?

Post by James D » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am

At this time there is some testing under way for the porting on PSTN numbers to the VoIP systems.

There is however no new information as to when / if this will be available in the short term.

When more information is know it will be posted.

DazzleMe

Post by DazzleMe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:02 am

Any update on the porting of PSTN numbers across to VOIP?

I am hanging out for this service.

Cheers

rednut

Post by rednut » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 am

Interestingly, new applications to Naked ADSL2 are offered this service on the application form but it is not (yet) being offered to existing Exetel customers. They couldn't give me a date when this service would be available.

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 am

James D wrote:At this time there is some testing under way for the porting on PSTN numbers to the VoIP systems.
There is however no new information as to when / if this will be available in the short term.
When more information is know it will be posted.
Any more information yet? I'd like to port my fax number over to the Exetel fax2email service.

JaseNet

Post by JaseNet » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I was told I could port my existing PSTN number over to my Naked ADSL2 for use with VOIP when I signed up and paid an additional fee for this. Now my connection is active I went to order the VOIP service via the members area but I only get the option to choose a new DID number? How do I active VOIP with my existing number?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 pm

JaseNet wrote:I was told I could port my existing PSTN number over to my Naked ADSL2 for use with VOIP when I signed up and paid an additional fee for this. Now my connection is active I went to order the VOIP service via the members area but I only get the option to choose a new DID number? How do I active VOIP with my existing number?
As per http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 37#p249437, I suggest you wait a few days and email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au if the porting doesn't eventuate. They should be able to look into this matter and resolve it for you.