Cannot call Exetel voip numbers

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
sable

Cannot call Exetel voip numbers

Post by sable » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Just received call from customer on my landline!

He is using voip on an Exetel HSPA service connected through a Billion 7404VGPX with phone port using G.729 codec.

The call quality was excellent, he was located on Gold Coast getting about 1.5Mb down.

Only troble he cannot connect to any Exetel voip numbers, all are either engaged or he gets the standard voice mail message incorrectly and repeatedly.

Calls to landline numbers work quite ok and calls to Exetel numbers also worked ok when he was at home using his fixed line ADSL1 service, only thing changed in router is to enable 3G as primary source and change cdec to G729

Any ideas?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Cannot call Exetel voip numbers

Post by jokiin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 pm

sable wrote:
Calls to landline numbers work quite ok and calls to Exetel numbers also worked ok when he was at home using his fixed line ADSL1 service, only thing changed in router is to enable 3G as primary source and change cdec to G729

Any ideas?
have you got is set to G729 only or have you allowed other codecs also?

sable

Post by sable » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 pm

No 1st and second priority both set to G.729

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

sable wrote:No 1st and second priority both set to G.729
don't know that setting first and second to the same codec is workable, just set your first to G729 but make sure to allow the others or some call types can fail

sable

Post by sable » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 am

Set the first to G.729 and second to G.711 - call to Exetel no worked but quality in the ear of the called person was dreadful, seems like dropping through to G.711

Changed back to G.729 in both and he is resigned to ringing pstn and paying 10 cents for now

toast

Post by toast » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi,

I'm also having a peculiar problem about Exetel voip numbers. My Nokia E66 can call Telstra mobiles, and other people's landline numbers just fine. However, when I call my Naked ADSL VoIP number from my HSPA VoIP number, my Nokia E66 crashes and restarts itself.

If the Naked ADSL phone is off the hook, the call from HSPA VoIP will go to message bank and I can leave a message, however when Naked ADSL the phone ring and I pick up, the instant it tries to establish the call, the Nokia E66 phone crashes, then five seconds later restarts.

The problem does not occur when going the other way however. When I call my HSPA VoIP number from my Naked ADSL VoIP number, the call connects just fine and I can have a conversation.

I've tried changing the codec on the phone from G729 to AMR but they both have problems, so I'm not sure what else could be the problem. Is it because the phone numbers are on the same account, I don't have any other Exetel numbers I can try to call (family not with Exetel yet :P).

Thanks,
Clive