Can't receive from Telstra system- Fixed or mobile phones

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
bowjjj

Can't receive from Telstra system- Fixed or mobile phones

Post by bowjjj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi, We have Exetel voip ( ported from PSTN) and also MNF voip. I have set up the Exetel voip on a Linksys 3102 ata . I can ring out to most people, but can't "receive" calls from Telstra land lines or mobile, they get message " this number is not available from this service" type of message. I can ring into the EXEvoip number from our Virgin mobiles and can also ring in from the MNF voip number .
I had to set the codec in the 3102 to "g711a only" to be able to ring out, but can't find any codec setting that will allow me to ring in. I don't have a telstra phone to be able to trial lots either which means I need other to ring me... Phone has been quiet at least...
Any ideas?
Thanks, Jim

Harih
Exetel Staff

Re: Can't receive from Telstra system- Fixed or mobile phones

Post by Harih » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Hello Jim,

Could you send me the VOIP number in PM mode and I will test the service for Incoming from Telstra land lines & mobile, so I may invesstigate this further for you.

Regards
Hari

Harih
Exetel Staff

Post by Harih » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Jim,

I have sent you a PM with a reference number and your issue is currently being investigated into and I will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards
Hari

Harih
Exetel Staff

Post by Harih » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Harih wrote:Hi Jim,

I have sent you a PM with a reference number and your issue is currently being investigated into and I will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards
Hari
Hi Jim,

Your issue is still being investigated.

Regards
Hari

Harih
Exetel Staff

Post by Harih » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Jim,

Your issue is still under investigation by our supplier currently and our support technicians will update you as soon as the issue is resolved.

Regards
Hari

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks, It would be good if this could be sorted out soon. I've tried most everything I can. I got a Teslstra prepaid sim so I could test
quite a few things on my end. Somehow it seems the number was not picked up by Telstra as being active.
I rang Telstra but they say I can only get Exetel to sort it out from their end...
I wonder how many other "PSTN numbers ported to Exetel voip" this will/has happened to.
I'm afraid I really can't recommend any one port their PSTN to Exetel after the run around I've had over 6 weeks...
I doubt anyone would put up with the amount of run around we've had. Far from an easy switch over...
2 weeks of no phone at all, then 4 weeks of basically no one being able to call in as most everyone we know is on the
Telstra "system" it seems...
Jim

Panther

Post by Panther » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:08 am

Hi Jim,

I have had the same problem with my phone, cant call in and yes its been about the same amount of time as yours, except I had issues with exetel believing that it wasnt on my end. Please post on here if you hear anything and I will do the same :)

Hope

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Someone rang and told me today that our number couldn't be ported to voip after all. We had the PSTN number with Exetel for 12mths+ so not sure quite what the problem is. I had a lot of trouble understanding the bloke from Exetel who rang.
Might have been handy to know this before the 2 months of hassle ...
Now need to work out how much I want to keep the number after it not really working for a while anyway.
Hope others who've ported to VOIP have a better run...
See ya , Jim

zebidy

Post by zebidy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Oh no I just found this thread (dont get me started on the USELESS forum search)
Looks like I have the same issue.
not looking forward to a six week wait to NOT get it resolved either.
my rttale of woe is here
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=34090

I would love to hear someone who has had a more positive outcome

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 am

Here's another related thread-

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 59&start=0

This being one important bit that may apply to you- This is in a Lynksys device but seems to apply to others too.

Under audio codec try- g711a as prefered and YES for "use prefered codec only". Was the only way I've been able to get a Linksys 3102 to
call out... Not ideal I know, but it got mine working...

I've never been able to get our exetel voip accounts to work with G729 codec. Same problems as you when I've tried...
See ya Jim