Cant make out going call with voip

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
riship

Cant make out going call with voip

Post by riship » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi there i'm naked ADSL2 user. i'm using linksys pap2t for connection of my voip phone and modem dlink g604t. my trouble is everything was working fine and suddenly my voip phone stopped working i'm not getting dial tone. i tried to reset the voip adaptor using manual configuration but still the same. i have also tried disconnect everything but still not working.i'm not getting dial tone at all. also i can make and receive calls using xlite but only incomming works with the phone connected to linksys. when try to make outgoing i can hear only engage tone. :?:

thejeg

Re: Cant make out going call with voip

Post by thejeg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

HI riship,
riship wrote:Hi there i'm naked ADSL2 user. i'm using linksys pap2t for connection of my voip phone and modem dlink g604t. my trouble is everything was working fine and suddenly my voip phone stopped working i'm not getting dial tone. i tried to reset the voip adaptor using manual configuration but still the same. i have also tried disconnect everything but still not working.i'm not getting dial tone at all. also i can make and receive calls using xlite but only incomming works with the phone connected to linksys. when try to make outgoing i can hear only engage tone. :?:
Could you please check if the settings you entered are correct? refer following link to access OUR wiki pages :) http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... ksys_PAP2T

Cheers,
Tj :wink:

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Under audio codec try g711a and YES for use prefered codec only. Was the only way I've been able to get a Linksys 3102 to
call out... Not ideal I know, but it got mine working...
See ya Jim

riship

Post by riship » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:40 pm

thaks very much jim man u done the job which we couldnt do in last 15 days. :D :D :D :D :D :D
thanks much man thanks thanks :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

riship

Post by riship » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:42 pm

BUT JUST FOR KIND INFORMATION THAT I CALLED UP LYNKSIS HELP LINE AND THEY SAID CHECKED AND SAID EVERYTHING IS FINE BUT YOUR TRICK ONLY WORKED SUCCESFULLY THANKS FOR HELP AGAIN I'M ABLE TO MAKE OUTGOING

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 pm

No worries. I'll let you know if I manage to get ours working with g729 codec. I think it's an issue with Exetel as our 3102 ata works
with Mynetfone voip and g729 codec. As long as you have plenty of bandwidth/download quota g711a should be fine. It does use a fair
bit more bandwidth at 38mb per hour compared to 14mb Hr for g729. Not an issue for us as we have plenty to spare.
See ya , Jim