Divert VOIP to international number

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
armthehomeless

Divert VOIP to international number

Post by armthehomeless » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was wondering if it was possible to divert all incoming calls to my VOIP number to a US cell number. I am travelling over there and think it would be the cheapest way to go about it. I would:

- Divert mobile to home VOIP number
- Divert home VOIP number to US cell phone number
- Receive calls on the US Cell

I know I will be charged the call rate on my mobile and the rate to divert the call from VOIP to the US cell.

Any thoughts on how this is possible?
Regards
Rowan

armthehomeless

Re: Divert VOIP to international number

Post by armthehomeless » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Further to the above, will my girlfriend still be able to make calls using the VOIP whilst it is divert mode?

bowjjj

Re: Divert VOIP to international number

Post by bowjjj » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Gday, I'm not sure if it says this anywhere on the exetel site, but this was a response from support a few months back when I was trying to get divert working...
--------------------
Thank you for your e-mail.
Please find that you can divert call within Australia only.
Regards,

Himantha J
Exetel Support Engineer
Exetel Pty Ltd

-------------------------------------------------------------
The Exetel 100 included voip calls are within Aus only . A cheap way (I've tried to Aus mobile ) is to also have a Mynetfone ( MNF ) Voip account ( $5 month including 60 calls- Whirlpool Neosaver - http://www.mynetfone.com.au/offers/whir ... aver-plan/ ), divert Exetel voip to MNF ( 100 free calls on Exetel voip ) then divert the MNF account to your US mobile ( "free" call from MNF Voip to US mobile for 2 hours, well it's one of you incuded 60, then 10c a call after that ) .
We run a Exetel voip Melbourne number and a MNF local ( Albury ) number. Not a lot of hassle to setup and they both look after themself there after.
The "Exetel" to "MNF" to "Aus Mobile" divert works for us, but I've never tried it to a USA number... Voice quality seems OK to a Aus mobile. Not sure how it would be to USA mobile. I can lend you a MNF voip number to try for a few days if you want as we have a spare and I'm interested enough to know how it works as we have a daughter who'll likely be overseas soon . MNF have some good deals to overseas mobiles. Shame they can't do similar deals within Aus...
You can still "call out" from the voip service when it's diverted. All "incoming calls" get diverted. From memory they don't even ring locally before being diverted.
See ya, Jim