I followed instructions http://www.exetel.com.au/files/softphone.pdf
only difference under Domain Proxy did not have a ........Target Domain

ready
I get dial tone
dial 10 digits
calling

after 30 sec or so I get message
call failed request timeout

The person you are calling is unavailable please call again.

Any one give me a clue where to go now I have looked and searched but this forum is pretty big.
I am sure I just havent found the right place to look
Patrick

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: XLITE problems

Post by Dazzled » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:03 pm

The proxy domain address is now (and has been for ages) 58.96.1.2 Your login name is your DID number. Password as sent by email. Port is 5060. Give that a try.

You will also have to port forward (or trigger) 5060 UDP in your router.

freddyzdead

Post by freddyzdead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Take it from somebody who tried every softphone there is: Give up and get yourself an ATA. You'll never look back.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm

The only softphone I know that I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't cope with hassle is Twinkle http://www.xs4all.nl/~mfnboer/twinkle/, but that excludes Windows users. They are all best seen as something to use when an ATA isn't available. Twinkle on an Asus Eee is like having a low-cost handbag-sized mobile phone. Holding it like a mobile phone in an airport requires a limited capacity for self-consciousness.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Dazzled wrote:Holding it like a mobile phone in an airport requires a limited capacity for self-consciousness.
:lol:
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Requires HSPA or a hot spot. You open it on its side it at 90 degrees with your ear near the loadspeaker, and put your face toward the mike and screen. People think you are Mr McGoo until you start talking. It's guaranteed to start a conversation afterwards. My daughter finds an excuse to be elsewhere.

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:03 pm

If you would like to try a different softphone, I have been Using Zoiper Free for a little while now & have had really good success with it. I am currently using it with 3 accounts. 1 is Exetel & the other 2 are a different service provider. The phone book allows me to individually select which account to dial out on, etc making it very simple to use once you get the hang of it.
I find it compliments my ATA ( Spa3102 ) for use with my notebook when I am mobile very nicely.
A couple of little notes about this proggy though:
1. Dont bother using the sip domain name, it will fail. Always use the resolved address directly. i.e. for exetel 58.96.1.2
2. Make sure you download the V2.x free & not the 1.9x communicator version. ( The 1.9x is more flexible, but much harder to use. )
The link to the download:
http://www.zoiper.com/download.php?os=W ... taller_exe

p.s. If you cant remember what your resolved address is, just ping it & do a mark, paste from your command prompt.