Exetel VOIP to Exetel VOIP

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
traceur

Exetel VOIP to Exetel VOIP

Post by traceur » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Hello,

Most of my family is on Exetel. I want to use Exetel VOIP to take advantage of the 100 free VOIP calls I can get. Other family members are on new ADSL2+ plans which dont include any free calls.

Is it free for them to call me if we both use an Exetel VOIP number? ie. Free exetel voip to exetel voip. Much similar to Pennytel's free PT to PT.

This is the response from exetel staff but I do not fully understand it.
"There is no charge for on-net calls with Exetel."

Also is there a minimum amount/calls needed to be spent/made on Exetel VOIP?

Thanks

outbush

Re: Exetel VOIP to Exetel VOIP

Post by outbush » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 pm

traceur wrote:Is it free for them to call me if we both use an Exetel VOIP number? ie. Free exetel voip to exetel voip.
Yes
traceur wrote:...This is the response from exetel staff but I do not fully understand it.
"There is no charge for on-net calls with Exetel."
Just different terminology but means the same.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:32 pm

For the last question, DIDs are relatively scarce, so, to discourage people from sitting on them, if you don't use the phone for a month on a DID account there will be a $1 charge. If you do use the phone, the first DID you have has no fixed charge.

traceur

Post by traceur » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:28 pm

What if I only make Exetel to Exetel Phone calls? Will I be charged $1/month. If this is the case I will just make 1 call to a non exetel number a month, then the Voip service will only cost me 10c/month.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:33 pm

That's all right. It is squatting on unused DIDs that troubles the carrier. Why would you want to make PSTN or most mobile calls when you have VoIP?

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:08 am

Dazzled wrote:For the last question, DIDs are relatively scarce, so, to discourage people from sitting on them, if you don't use the phone for a month on a DID account there will be a $1 charge. If you do use the phone, the first DID you have has no fixed charge.
But Exetel are going to end up forcing everyone to have a DID: http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 79#p257779

freddyzdead

Post by freddyzdead » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:23 pm

If you set up your SIP client/ATA for IP dialling, then you should be able to call anybody whose SIP number and IP address you know, for free.