Cannot log into my NetComm V 210 P. VoiP ATA

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
jtdt

Cannot log into my NetComm V 210 P. VoiP ATA

Post by jtdt » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:03 pm

I have a couple of VoiP problems today.
I have an engaged tone when I try to make a call, all was well for months until yesterday?
I cannot log into the NetComm v210p ata , when I type 192.168.22.1 into my browser I get redirected to a web page full of stuff about 192.168.22.1
My ping request has timed out also.
Can some kind member please help as we have no phone
Thanks
jtdt

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Cannot log into my NetComm V 210 P. VoiP ATA

Post by Gidget » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:11 pm

jtdt wrote:when I type 192.168.22.1 into my browser I get redirected to a web page full of stuff about 192.168.22.1
I'm not sure what you mean by this - some more detail would be helpful.

First, though, have you tried taking the power off your modem and your V210P for a couple of minutes and then putting the power back on to both? Then wait a couple of minutes until both the modem and the V210P get their acts together and see if you get a dial tone.

Let us know how you get on.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Can you tell us what method you installed the ATA by, and the modem model? If the modem is now managing addresses it is likely that 192.168.22.1 is no longer the address of the ATA, as it is out of range.

Many modem brands will give you a table of DHCP connections if you log into them. You may find the current ATA address that way.

(Often we use the default address only at first configuration, and as a last act, make the ATA a DHCP client, receiving a new address from the modem/router)

jtdt

Post by jtdt » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Gidget and Dazzled,
Sorry I have not replied sooner but my wife has had me out shopping for the after christmas specials.
In desperation I have reset the NetComm V210P ATA, but I still cannot log onto it.
One would assume that the IP would revert to 192.168.22.1 after resetting but my Norton program tells me today that the ATA is 192.168.2.5.
I entered that in the browser without success also.
I have a Belkin N1 Vision modem /router model F5D8632au4A address 192.168.2.1 connected to the ATA.
I have tried logging in with the firewall disabled without luck , I have turned everything off and back on after 1 hour also without luck.
I ran the setup CD for the ATA which said it could not find the device and would not go any further.
I cannot think of anything else to try and reckon maybe the ATA is faulty ?
Please let me know if there is something I can do to get my phone working.
Many Thanks
jtdt

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Sorry I'm late - I've been up to Christmas visiting.

On the back of the ATA near the power socket is a small hole. Disconnect the ATA from the network, and with power on, stick a paper clip down the hole. There is a reset button there. The lights will flash while it factory resets, and you will lose all configuration, and will need to start again. Connect the ATA to a computer and follow the help sheet at http://www.exetel.com.au/files/v210setup.pdf. You will have to look up your Exetel config email with the password.

If you can connect to the unit and reconfigure, it probably is not a dud, but the proof is to put back your network connections. Don't forget to reboot (turn off and on again) all devices, router, ATA, and computer, to establish the new addresses before testing or trying a VoIP call.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:28 pm

jtdt wrote: In desperation I have reset the NetComm V210P ATA, but I still cannot log onto it.
I have a Belkin N1 Vision modem /router model F5D8632au4A address 192.168.2.1 connected to the ATA.
jtdt
jtdt, I am using a V210P hooked to NB6 router.
To log into the ATA I have to link directly from the ATA to my main computer and bypass the router.
Then when I have things setup and working I revert to using the router again.
Have tried numerous firewall and network settings but this is my work around.
Hope this helps
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

jtdt

Post by jtdt » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi again , dear Mixer, I understand what you are saying but my modem is a modem/router all in one.
Please explain how I can connect ATA to PC and still connect to the Internet, or don't I have to be on the Internet?
Thanks to all
jtdt

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:23 pm

jtdt wrote: Please explain how I can connect ATA to PC and still connect to the Internet, or don't I have to be on the Internet?
The Internet is your phone line which goes first into the ATA, then you have a WAN link to your modem/router.
I assume your PC is hooked via a LAN cable from the modem/router. Try linking the LAN from the ATA directly into your PC, your ATA is still connected to the Internet, you should be able to log into 192.168.22.1 from your browser. Once you have redone settings link your PC LAN back to the modem/router.
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

jtdt

Post by jtdt » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Many Thanks Mixer and also all the other kind members who have pointed me in the right direction
Happy New Year to all
jtdt