Voip delay

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
dtn22

Voip delay

Post by dtn22 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get around the delay response issue when making an outgoing call using voip? When i make a voip call, the receiving side can not hear me the first 3 to 4 seconds, sometime it can drag out longer. I'm using Dynalink 1046VW and have updated to the lastest firmware recently but still get the same result.

Regards,
Danny

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Voip delay

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am

Does it say 3.64y in the bottom left side bar? New firmware won't be loaded unless you do a factory reset with a pin in the hole after installing it. You will have to reconfigure after that, so collect your VoIP notes. I've been using one recently without the lag.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

I will have to check the version when i get home tonight. I didnt do the reset using the pin as the router automatically reset itselft after the firmware update. Also i loaded a backup of the setting after the firmware update, is that wise? Should i not do that and leave everything as default?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

The update firmware button copies the new firmware kernel across, but it does not seem to load when a standard reboot occurs. The reset and reboot to defaults button restores the default settings data files. In my experience only a hardware factory reset actually loads the new kernel and recovers the default settings.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

I have experienced this issue on my own 1046VW which I updated the firmware incorrectly (without factory reset) with.

To solve (and this was 100% from the http facility) I first backed up my settings, then carried out a factory reset, then updated firmware, then manually rebooted the modem and then restored the backed-up settings, then manually rebooted again (possibly unnecessary). Works awesome now.