xlite softphone oneway audio for incoming calls

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
pasanm

xlite softphone oneway audio for incoming calls

Post by pasanm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 pm

please be advice only allow g711a codec in xlite Enabled Codec Tab as per the attached screenshot.

By Default Xlite has three enabled codecs with are g711u,g711a and Speex

allowing both g711u,g711a codec in xlite causes one way audio for incoming calls as xlite has a codec negotiation problem with our switch.

problem seems to be with xlite as it generate different RTP payload than it negotiated.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (136.39 KiB) Viewed 8522 times
Last edited by pasanm on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exetel Systems Team

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: xlite softphone oneway audio for incoming calls

Post by jokiin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 pm

officially G711 hasn't been supported for incoming calls, if it can work by allowing just G711a then I guess that's a bonus, is this only relative to X-Lite or is it recommended to not use G711u in other devices also, we do from time to time get people having issues with incoming calls which is invariably setup related but if G711u is a general problem for other devices, softphones, ATA etc then it would be better to let customers know to avoid that codec option altogether

pasanm

Post by pasanm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi
This is just related to xlite. as the problem is with the software where it generate two different RTP streams for an incoming call.

In this case either g711u or g711a codec should be in the xlite Enabled codec tab. doesn't have to bee exactly g711a as these are just two different variants of the same codec.
Exetel Systems Team

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02 am

pasanm wrote:Hi
This is just related to xlite. as the problem is with the software where it generate two different RTP streams for an incoming call.

In this case either g711u or g711a codec should be in the xlite Enabled codec tab. doesn't have to bee exactly g711a as these are just two different variants of the same codec.
ok, the FAQ's have always stated the G711 wasn't supported for incoming calls which is why I asked, if that's just an X-Lite thing though that's good to know

plasmapuff

Post by plasmapuff » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Does using the g729 codec make a difference? I'm using the proprietary version of X-lite, eyebeam- which supports this codec.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Several users are running Twinkle, which defaults to G.711A-law, G.711μ-law,GSM and Speex, without difficulty. I've only seen the problem with X-Lite and xtensoftphone.

PM

Post by PM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 pm

I believe this still applies to the new version 4.x of X-Lite. I haven't left the 3 default codecs and tried, but I assume it will be the same, so have enabled only G711a.

pasanm

Post by pasanm » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 pm

PM wrote:

I believe this still applies to the new version 4.x of X-Lite. I haven't left the 3 default codecs and tried, but I assume it will be the same, so have enabled only G711a.

yes according my testing xlite 4.0 had same issue.
Exetel Systems Team