USA call charges - What's going on?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
freddyzdead

USA call charges - What's going on?

Post by freddyzdead » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 pm

What determines whether a call to USA is USA, USA-High or USA-Ultra High? Why should there be any difference? My sister lives in Blaine, Washington, on the Canadian border. I used to call her for $0.02 per minute. Now it's costing me $0.09 per minute. What has changed? When did this happen? Why didn't anybody tell me? I've got the Excel sheet that supposedly explains it, but I can't make anything out of it. Can somebody shed some light on all this?

-freddy

James
Exetel Staff

Re: USA call charges - What's going on?

Post by James » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 am

Our voice manager will reply tomorrow.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Re: USA call charges - What's going on?

Post by ExetelVoice » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am

What determines whether a call to USA is USA, USA-High or USA-Ultra High?
The prefix on the destination number.
Why should there be any difference? My sister lives in Blaine, Washington, on the Canadian border. I used to call her for $0.02 per minute. Now it's costing me $0.09 per minute. What has changed? When did this happen? Why didn't anybody tell me? I've got the Excel sheet that supposedly explains it, but I can't make anything out of it. Can somebody shed some light on all this?
Occasionally, our supplier (Verizon) will change the tariff codes on destination prefixes. There is nothing Exetel can do about this.
We simply bill according to the allocated tariff for the prefix.
You can send your number to voice@exetel.com.au and we can investigate further, but there is probably no more explanation than this.