Page 1 of 2

Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 am
by shermanf
The Exetel MoIP application for the iPhone is available through the Apple App Store and can be found via the following link http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/exetel-m ... 67723?mt=8
if accessing the app store via the computer or by searching for "Exetel MoIP" on the App Store from your iPhone

You will require a VOIP account and SMS API which can be created from your members facilities.

More information about Exetel MoIP can be found via the members facilities under Exetel - MoIP

We are working on releasing the MoIP application on other platform such as Windows Mobile & Android.

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:36 pm
by adriansmith
Great - seems to work well.

However, I just tried to put it on my iPad and it says it is not compatible? Can that be fixed?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 pm
by razzamataz
I have a Sony Ericsson Vivaz that is running with the Symbian S60 series 5th Edition operating system and have tried to run the Exetel MOIP application on it unsuccessfully. An error appears upon installation with a certificate error and to contact the app administrator. I have the application settings set to 'accept all apps' and not 'signed only'. I have currently got fring running ok configured with an exetel voip account however I would prefer to use the Exetel app if possible. Can anyone help?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 pm
by wadeholmes
Why wouldn't this be a FREE app?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:44 am
by shermanf
As we get charged for each app sold plus the cost involved in developing this app.
wadeholmes wrote:Why wouldn't this be a FREE app?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:54 am
by adriansmith
adriansmith wrote:Great - seems to work well.

However, I just tried to put it on my iPad and it says it is not compatible? Can that be fixed?
This is now working with the recent update. Thanks.

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 pm
by FabFriday
I have the moip app on my iPhone and have been able to successfully send sms. However when I try to make a call, I hear three rings and then the moip screen shows the call has been disconnected. However, the phones I am calling don't ring at all. Have tried calling mobiles, landlines and even other Exetel voip numbers with no luck. Have tried using 3G and my wifi Exetel connected modem but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:24 pm
by jokiin
FabFriday wrote:I have the moip app on my iPhone and have been able to successfully send sms. However when I try to make a call, I hear three rings and then the moip screen shows the call has been disconnected. However, the phones I am calling don't ring at all. Have tried calling mobiles, landlines and even other Exetel voip numbers with no luck. Have tried using 3G and my wifi Exetel connected modem but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
do you have 'firewall' on or off in the settings menu of the MoIP app?

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 pm
by FabFriday
jokiin wrote:
do you have 'firewall' on or off in the settings menu of the MoIP app?
It was set to off. Just set it to on and tried calling some numbers over both 3G and wifi....still get a disconnected message on my screen after 3 or so rings at my end. The phones I call still aren't ringing at all.

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm
by danielp
I use my contacts list extensively and set up all numbers with international dialling so that when I'm travelling mobile dialling-out works. Unfortunately

1. Does not appear to support international dialling. Eg. +61280030000
2. For some of my contacts it consistently returns the wrong matching number, or the app crashes. Contacts have multiple number entries. Looks like it is indexing incorrectly.
3. It'd be nice if it behaved more like the iPhone dialler in terms of selecting contact then dial automatically. Same with other behaviours
4. It'd be nice to be able to choose audio input/output source.

Looking forward to seeing the app continue to improve! I'm hoping to deploy this company wide to help bring down our calls while travelling.

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:02 pm
by danielp
FabFriday wrote:
jokiin wrote:
do you have 'firewall' on or off in the settings menu of the MoIP app?
It was set to off. Just set it to on and tried calling some numbers over both 3G and wifi....still get a disconnected message on my screen after 3 or so rings at my end. The phones I call still aren't ringing at all.
Perhaps related to the dial string - +61280030000 does not work but 80039900, etc, do for me.

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:51 pm
by jokiin
danielp wrote:I use my contacts list extensively and set up all numbers with international dialling so that when I'm travelling mobile dialling-out works. Unfortunately

1. Does not appear to support international dialling. Eg. +61280030000
2. For some of my contacts it consistently returns the wrong matching number, or the app crashes. Contacts have multiple number entries. Looks like it is indexing incorrectly.
3. It'd be nice if it behaved more like the iPhone dialler in terms of selecting contact then dial automatically. Same with other behaviours
4. It'd be nice to be able to choose audio input/output source.

Looking forward to seeing the app continue to improve! I'm hoping to deploy this company wide to help bring down our calls while travelling.
I know that the full version that this app is based on has already addressed some of these for an upcoming version so you may some of this filter through in subsequent updates

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 pm
by FabFriday
danielp wrote:I use my contacts list extensively and set up all numbers with international dialling so that when I'm travelling mobile dialling-out works. Unfortunately

1. Does not appear to support international dialling. Eg. +61280030000
Ahhhhhh...and there lies the problem. Just tried it without international dialing and all is good.

Looking forward to this being sorted in future updates. Thanks to everyone who posted their suggestions. Hoping to be able to use Moip via wifi on our trip to Japan next week, will be interesting to see how it goes!

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:37 am
by remoteone
This Moip App does not work properly for me..
Have tried on two different iPhones, the most recent a brand new iPhone 4 - iOS4.1.
The Moip app :
- Crashes on certain numbers repeatably (eg 0432 xxx xxx) but not (repeatably) on other numbers from contacts list. Ok if number is keyed in manually.
- sometimes just has a blank screen instead of showing the keypad. Ususally when no 3G signal available, but its random.
- Screen flashes and goes blank at the most inconvenient times.
- No Multitasking, so cant recieve push notifications of incoming calls.
- No speaker handsfree option.

Thoughts appreciated...

Re: Exetel MoIP Symbian / iPhone / Windows Mobile / Android

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:55 am
by jokiin
remoteone wrote: Update:
After reading a few other opinions on this subject I have concluded:
1. The Moip app is rubbish...
2. Exetel (like Three) are using the optus network, at wholesale pricing, Optus will give preference to its own OPTUS retail customers for obvious reasons.
Thus resellers of Optus bandwidth will have their bandwidth throttled in times of demand etc. (Telstra also do this Big-Time).
This would explain why Exetel viop just does not work at certain locations at certain times of day. (albeit a limited sample at this stage.) and at my home location voip o 3G is more reliable.
3. Its safe to assume that the SIP app and associated Codec are working if communication is sometimes ok in at least one direction, but not the other.
Along that line... Failures in packet transport would be the fault of bandwidth issues.

Perhaps all carriers are desperately trying to keep up with the demand for 3G data bandwidth. With pricing being so competitive, perhaps the hardware infrastructure is not keeping up with demand.

Thoughts appreciated...
1. the MoIP app works for plenty of others
2. Exetel is a layer 2 provider of Optus HSPA which means they do their own backhaul, if anything the Exetel version is less stressed than the straight Optus version
3. one way audio is most often NAT related, very prominent when using wireless if your network is not configured correctly or you have problem hardware (aka some Billion routers) and can require some adjustment on your end, your other post where you mention you have the same issue with Acrobits does seem to suggest you have some problems on your end, I use Acrobits also and find it to work very well