VOIP showing as overseas caller and not connecting sometimes

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Waughy

VOIP showing as overseas caller and not connecting sometimes

Post by Waughy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 pm

I have an Open Networks 824RLW modem that has been in use since November last year. I have followed all the info I can find, including the Billion set up guide and am satisfied it is all correct. Up until recently it has been working with no issues, but recently I've had a few people say they have tried to call but constantly get an engaged signal. I have tried to call out also and after dialling the number I get the engaged signal pretty much immediately. This problem seems to come and go, and a reset makes no difference, just seems to be pot luck at the oment as to whether it works or not. I don't use it all that often as I have my mobile, so haven't been to worried as far as logging a job, yet.
I have checked the modem when it has been playing up and all lights are on that should be, and when I log in it shows my VOIP as connected and my phone registered.
And the other problem, I have caller ID turned on so friends and family who often avoid blocked numbers will answer the phone when I call. In the last couple of weeks people I've called have said that thier phones are showing my calls as overseas, I haven't changed any settings, online or on my modem since setting it up last November.

Any ideas or info on either of these issues? Thanks.

Waughy

Re: VOIP showing as overseas caller and not connecting somet

Post by Waughy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Still happening. Have missed a few calls because of this, lucky I have a mobile when I need to make a call and just get an engaged signal. Power cycling the modem doesn't help. I did get a call from a relative 2 nights ago and there were no problems, thought it was all good again until I tried to use the phone last night. Was hoping I wouldn't need to log a job, guess I'll have to now.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Still having issues. Have changed a couple of settings based on a couple of other threads relating to Billion hardware. Screen shots below. Any help?
VOIP.png
VOIP.png (130.33 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
VOIP2.png
VOIP2.png (154.34 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
VOIP3.png
VOIP3.png (135.49 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Sorted by the look of it. One thing I didn't even think to try. Went into the wizard and copied the port 1 settings into port 2. Went into port 2 and changed codec to PCMA A-Law, and moved the phone cable to port 2 on the router. Restarted and now I can make calls. Seems port 1 is stuffed. I might try it again one day but won't touch the setup now it works. If only I'd twigged to try that months ago......