Call Forwarding - not working

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
anteck
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by anteck » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 pm

I just tried the short codes. After entering 0110X where X is my mobile number, it rings, and then says 'thank you'

But it doesn't work. Calling through to the number still goes to the number, it doesn't divert to my mobile at all.

Also, how is call forwarding set up in the members area?

Mandella
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by Mandella » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Call forwarding on my HSPA account isn't working either. The forwarding number entered into the web admin page doesn't "stick"; when going back via "configure" the number field is empty and the calls aren't forwarded. This seems to have started when the page was re-designed.

pasanm
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by pasanm » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Mandella wrote:Call forwarding on my HSPA account isn't working either. The forwarding number entered into the web admin page doesn't "stick"; when going back via "configure" the number field is empty and the calls aren't forwarded. This seems to have started when the page was re-designed.

There was an old entry which haven't cleaned properly.

You should able to enable call forwarding now from members facility.
Exetel Systems Team

Mandella
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by Mandella » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 pm

pasanm wrote:There was an old entry which haven't cleaned properly.

You should able to enable call forwarding now from members facility.
Bingo - it's working now; thanx

pasanm
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by pasanm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:09 pm

anteck wrote:I just tried the short codes. After entering 0110X where X is my mobile number, it rings, and then says 'thank you'

But it doesn't work. Calling through to the number still goes to the number, it doesn't divert to my mobile at all.

Also, how is call forwarding set up in the members area?

first disable any call forwarding settings via dialing short codes.

0110 - disable any call forwarding


Then try to set call forwarding again.

It can be also configured via members facility under VOIP->Manage VOIP-> Configure -> Set call forwarding.
Exetel Systems Team

dmac76
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by dmac76 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi There,
Trying to enable voice forwarding via member facilities.
I go to Manage Services -> Voip -> Change Voip Service -> Configure
I put my mobile in the call forward and press change.
New screen pops up showing greyed out boxes, and mobile number in grey.
There is no button on this page (ie no confirm etc).
When i go back to check, this change hasn't taken place.
Is there an error here?

vbap
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 pm

dmac76 wrote:New screen pops up showing greyed out boxes, and mobile number in grey.
There is no button on this page (ie no confirm etc).
When i go back to check, this change hasn't taken place.
Is there an error here?
+1 - same happens to me.
Sometimes, when I go back to check the change has taken place, sometimes not.

heartbeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Mt Eliza VIC

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by heartbeat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi,

0112 forwarding not working since at least Yesterday (Tuesday)... I have been using it most days successfully since November.
Today (Wednesday), I forwarded phone before 14:10, and had two failed forward attempts, the later being around 15:00 (Melb time)

Can you please let me know what's up?

Cheers

pasanm
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by pasanm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm

heartbeat wrote:Hi,

0112 forwarding not working since at least Yesterday (Tuesday)... I have been using it most days successfully since November.
Today (Wednesday), I forwarded phone before 14:10, and had two failed forward attempts, the later being around 15:00 (Melb time)

Can you please let me know what's up?

Cheers
Hi

First disable callforwarding by dialing 0110

Then try setting it up again 0112X

Also if you prefer immediate call forward set the timeout to zero in members facility.

Also dialing 01400 can set the timeout to 0.
Exetel Systems Team

heartbeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Mt Eliza VIC

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by heartbeat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 am

pasanm wrote:
heartbeat wrote:Hi,

0112 forwarding not working since at least Yesterday (Tuesday)... I have been using it most days successfully since November.
Today (Wednesday), I forwarded phone before 14:10, and had two failed forward attempts, the later being around 15:00 (Melb time)

Can you please let me know what's up?

Cheers
Hi

First disable callforwarding by dialing 0110

Then try setting it up again 0112X

Also if you prefer immediate call forward set the timeout to zero in members facility.

Also dialing 01400 can set the timeout to 0.
Hi,

Dialling 01400 has fixed issue, but it rings twice before diverting, and until Tuesday it always diverted immediately (i.e. silently - great for when kids sleeping)

Members area does not let me configure VoIP, I'm not on an Exetel IP, and 2 tries at a PIN failed, is this because I'm an HSPA customer only?

My customer number is 79703. I called three times yesterday, and was promised a ticket number would be SMSed, but no sign of that yet.

I'm very happy to do all this myself if I could just use the members area! Thanks

heartbeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Mt Eliza VIC

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by heartbeat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 am

heartbeat wrote:
pasanm wrote:
heartbeat wrote:Hi,

0112 forwarding not working since at least Yesterday (Tuesday)... I have been using it most days successfully since November.
Today (Wednesday), I forwarded phone before 14:10, and had two failed forward attempts, the later being around 15:00 (Melb time)

Can you please let me know what's up?

Cheers
Hi

First disable callforwarding by dialing 0110

Then try setting it up again 0112X

Also if you prefer immediate call forward set the timeout to zero in members facility.

Also dialing 01400 can set the timeout to 0.
Hi,

Dialling 01400 has fixed issue, but it rings twice before diverting, and until Tuesday it always diverted immediately (i.e. silently - great for when kids sleeping)

Members area does not let me configure VoIP, I'm not on an Exetel IP, and 2 tries at a PIN failed, is this because I'm an HSPA customer only?

My customer number is 79703. I called three times yesterday, and was promised a ticket number would be SMSed, but no sign of that yet.

I'm very happy to do all this myself if I could just use the members area! Thanks
Actually callers are now getting a busy signal after I tried to undivert using 0110. Please assist

pasanm
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by pasanm » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

your issue has been fixed.
Exetel Systems Team

heartbeat
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Mt Eliza VIC

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by heartbeat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:33 pm

pasanm wrote:your issue has been fixed.
Hi,

Before Tuesday I dialled 0112x and all calls immediately forwarded

Now I have to dial 0112x, then hang up, then dial 01400, and then calls forward after 2 rings

What has changed?

Also:
Can I please get the access to the members area fixed?

Calling Exetel support seems like a complete waste of time, as I just get fobbed off with "we'll call you back" (still waiting for today's call back by the way. Thursday's never happened, and Friday's was this post on the Forum (sadly wasn't checking the forum constantly on Friday afternoon))

pasanm
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by pasanm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 pm

heartbeat wrote:
pasanm wrote:your issue has been fixed.
Hi,

Before Tuesday I dialled 0112x and all calls immediately forwarded

Now I have to dial 0112x, then hang up, then dial 01400, and then calls forward after 2 rings

What has changed?
if you put 0 as timeout it will make a quick ring on voip. If you want to divert immediately divert you need to switch off the voip modem so that calls will immediately diverted
Also:
Can I please get the access to the members area fixed?
You need to ask from support to get this fixed
Calling Exetel support seems like a complete waste of time, as I just get fobbed off with "we'll call you back" (still waiting for today's call back by the way. Thursday's never happened, and Friday's was this post on the Forum (sadly wasn't checking the forum constantly on Friday afternoon))
Exetel Systems Team

danmac
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Call Forwarding - not working

Post by danmac » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Well, i had given up on call forwarding. Many calls and emails to helpdesk did nothing to resolve it...
Then today, by accident i stumbled on something that works for me....
I simply enabled voicemail.
However instead of going to voicemail, in now diverts to the number i had put in using the divert box.

Post Reply