My parents have been unable to call local numbers from their Exetel VOIP service using a Billion 7404VNPX. I closed the related support ticket on 27-07, however I was mistaken because while the issue with mobile calls had been resolved, the issue with local calls remains. Given that this condition was introduced nearly 2 months after their problems started, it's possible that this is an unrelated issue. Here is a summary of the current issue:
Incoming calls to Exetel VOIP number:
- No issues.
- No issues.
- No issues.
- Dial tone is OK.
- Dialling is OK.
- Ringback tone is absent, but recipient phone rings normally.
- Call recipient can answer call but cannot hear anything.
- Caller cannot hear anything until after about 50 seconds when a busy signal is heard.
- This occurs using 3 different phones plugged into either registered FXS port separately.
- Call appears in the VOIP modem/router's advanced--> status -->voip call log page, however the start, end and duration fields are blank.
- Call does not appear in the Exetel online VOIP meter.
- Re-flashed VOIP modem/router firmware using serial cable and performed a factory reset (using Billion Recovery Software).
- Updated firmware using the VOIP modem/router's web interface to versions 5.53.s6.b1, 6.02a, 6.02b and 6.02c and reset to factory defaults multiple times.
- Changed codec preferences of VOIP modem/router to use either G.729, PCMU(G.711 A-Law) or PCMU(G.711 u-Law) exclusively.
- Swapped out all phone cables.
- Tested with 3 phones (previously working) using both of the router's FXS registered ports.
- Tested SIP client (X-Lite softphone) using Exetel VOIP account which worked for all types of calls with no issues.
- Tested the Exetel VOIP service using Thomson SpeedTouch 780WL VOIP modem/router which worked for all types of calls with no issues.
- Tested Billion 7404VNPX using a different VOIP provider (FaktorTel) which worked for all types of calls with no issues.
- Contacted Billion's Online Helpdesk and followed all suggested troubleshooting steps.
Excerpt from successful outbound call to mobile:
Code: Select all
SIP Event EvProceeding in State StateCalling for 03XXXXXXXX (0) on Dialog 1378230 SIP state now StateCalling on FXS 0 sip_SipSelectThread_?: [SipTransportLayer::messageReceived]-> Entered this function sip_SipSelectThread_?: SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress Call-ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.XXX.XXX Contact: <sip:611831417XXXXXX@188.8.131.52> Content-Length: 218 Content-Type: application/sdp CSeq: 235 INVITE From: "03XXXXXXXX"<sip:03XXXXXXXX@184.108.40.206>;tag=171520e8h Record-Route: <sip:220.127.116.11;lr=on;ftag=171520e8h> To: <sip:0417XXXXXX@18.104.22.168>;tag=3a600101-18d5dc User-Agent: Quintum/1.0.0 Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 220.233.XXX.XXX:5060;received=220.233.XXX.XXX;branch=z9hG4bK178570et1;rport=5060 Quintum: 07120107010000af8306001e038084881e028488 v=0 o=Quintum 61782 12530 IN IP4 22.214.171.124 s=VoipCall c=IN IP4 126.96.36.199 t=0 0 m=audio 11936 RTP/AVP 8 101 c=IN IP4 188.8.131.52 a=rtpmap:8 pcma/8000/1 a=ptime:20 a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000/1 a=sendrecv sip_SipSelectThread_?:
Code: Select all
SIP Event EvProceeding in State StateCalling for 03XXXXXXXX (0) on Dialog 136ece0 SIP state now StateCalling on FXS 0 Num_retries in choose_server entry = 0 sip_SipSelectThread_?: [SipTransportLayer::messageReceived]-> Entered this function sip_SipSelectThread_?: SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 220.233.XXX.XXX:5060;received=220.233.XXX.XXX;branch=z9hG4bK138080bol;rport=5060 From: <sip:@184.108.40.206>;tag=177530eq5 To: <sip:XXXXXXXX@220.127.116.11>;tag=as67791130 Call-ID: email@example.com.XXX.XXX CSeq: 172 INVITE User-Agent: ExetelVoip Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY Contact: <sip:03XXXXXXXX@18.104.22.168> Content-Type: application/sdp Content-Length: 281 v=0 o=root 3447 3447 IN IP4 22.214.171.124 s=session c=IN IP4 126.96.36.199 t=0 0 m=audio 16314 RTP/AVP 8 0 18 101 a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000 a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000 a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000 a=fmtp:18 annexb=no a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000 a=fmtp:101 0-16 a=silenceSupp:off - - - - sip_SipSelectThread_?: